VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Examiner Ignored My Nexus Comments

Rate this question

GoldWarrior

Question

The C & P Orthopedist completely ignored me when I told him that my orthopedic injuries were sustained during combat. What is the best way to handle this if my claim is denied? I've read about pros and cons of appealing,  requesting reconsideration,  and filing a new claim. Which is the best route to take? 

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I suggest filing a NOD or Notice of Disagreement and obtaining an outside IME. Now you can bring a Claims Agent or Attorney on board to help you. 

J

And you need to review your SMRs. You have to establish an inservice nexus to the disability.

Was this C & P done at a VA Medical Center?

If so you can obtain a copy of it by going to this VAMC or writing to them requesting a copy of it via their Records access Officer. Don't use FOIA if writing, just use the Privacy Act 5, USC 552. The VAMC records access officer probably has a simple form to fill out.

Did the C & P doc  have your complete SMRs? 

Did you have inservice treatment or have the condition listed on your Discharge Certificate from the Mil?

You dont have the decision yet so hard to know what you should do at this point.

Do you get private treatment for this disability and if so, has VA accessed the private ortho records?

What actually is the disability?   What cause for it did the C & P doctor come up with?

Have you googled his name to see if he really has any expertise in the disability you claimed?