• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

Josephine

Imo From Medopinion Just Called.

Berta,

The party just called. He did tell me that they did do psychiatric IMO's.

I have everything from my SMR's to my private medical records from 1965 to date with all of my meds listed. I have 3 letters from Dr. Pxxxx, He is my Board Certified Internist, 2 letter from Pastor Bxxxx, the letter or statement from Dr. Caxxxxx. copies of both C&P examinations, all of my administrative records, including ( finally the request for transfer) this one has been hidden until this year.

The new and material evidence, Dr. J Military Psychiatrist, D. M Military board certified psychiatrist and the letter from my commanding officer. Buddy letter from a girl in Georgia with me at each duty station,

29 years of medical records of Dr. P. statement from Nurse that took care of me after the last C&P. Hypxxxx.

He wants everything.

He asked if I had about 300 pages and please write a brief synopsis of everything that has happened. He said 2900.00 and about three weeks to do.

You guys say that I need it. So here goes.

What do you think?

Did you receive the personal email that I sent to you of my file. If so did you note the claim of 1978 and 2002 was denied for anxiety and depression, but the DRO re-opening the claim for " an acquired psychiatric disorder" with new and material evidence.

They can't do this one, can they?

This is straight from the two psychiatrist C&P.

Since the service extensive medical records began in 1965 with her pregnancy and then pick up again on November 25, 1967 when Librium was ordered 5 mg. prn. From that point through 1979 she was given Elavil in 1975 and Etrafon 1975, Valium in 1976, Elixir of Butisol 1975, Valium1975, and Mellaril in 1975, Adapin in 1976, Ativan in 1978 along with Stelazine for " chronic anxiety reaction" and then in 1979 she began on Valium again 5 mg daily. also in 1979 there are prescriptions for Serax, Doxepin, Vistaril, Tranxene, and Ativan. In 1980 she began Valium 5 mg. and began Darvocet and reported takes these to date.

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

Ad

Josephine

That is a lot of money. Pay him half now and half when you get the report. It is his job to connect all the dots but you should write something for him so he can understand the chronology and get a general idea of what happened and what has happened since. You know you want to establish that you had a psychiatric condition in the service and that you were treated for it. You also want to show that you still have the disorders and that you have been treated over the years for the disorders. Current disability, nexus and chronic nature of disability.

Guest jangrin

Josephine,

Do they have a sample report they can send you so you know what to expect? Hummm, $2900.00 for an IMO, seems like the going rate for an IMO has gone up a bit. Some other doctors fees don't seem so out of line when compared to this.

I would do as john reccommended but I would also do an outline of what you expect for your money. Supplying an outline of events in "chronological order" aids the doctors in writing your report and helps them to keep from messing up on the sequence of events. (they are human and can make errors) It is to your advantage to be VERY PRECISE AND DETAILED in the information you provide. I believe the more concise you are, the more detailed and stronger report you will recieve.

You are very smart and quite capable of outlinging the records, go for it Josephine. :P

Jangrin

Good advise here ----but no one here really knows how this will go----

there is no way we can predict what a doctor's IMO might say.

As it is ,it seems the only chance to gain a service connected status for this claim.

Clearly you need a definitive diagnosis of a service connectable condition,

and he/she will need all current records,

this involves prescription lists as well as treatment records, and he/she will need to give a nexus statement- the BVA remand clearly stated what they needed in that regard as they considered a potential stressor and asked for proof of this stressor.

I have no idea why the VA changed the condition to something else.

If the IMO is good,meaning it strongly supports a service connectable disability, it doesn't matter what the VA called it.

As others said-

and it bears repeating- current diagnosed condition, chronic nature of it, and established nexus equals

S/C.

In my opinion, what I am fighting is two lying psychiatirst, who did not have the gumption to write more than appears to have a personality disorder.

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Our picks

• Sleep apnea- does the DBQ cover the "medically necessary/required" language?
      Hey everybody! Long time lurker, first time poster.

My question is regarding the sleep apnea language that specifies that a prescription of a breathing assistance device is "medically necessary" for a 50% rating:

Assuming that a vet is already prescribed a CPAP/APAP by the VA, does the sleep apnea DBQ portion under 2B "IS CONTINUOUS MEDICATION REQUIRED FOR CONTROL OF A SLEEP DISORDER CONDITION?" fulfill that language requirement?
      • 17 replies
    • VBA testimony and GAO report-C & P examiners
      As you all know, C & P exam results control almost all types of claims. VA employees have no choice but to go along with a negative C & P exam that will deny a claim. Some vets are quite willing to rebutt faulty exams and ask for a new C & P exam. For others, it will take a costly IMO/IME in most cases. Ben Krause has this article at his site today: http://tinyurl.com/y9co6zac
      • 9 replies
    • Lumbosacral Strain and Vertebrae fractures caused by osteopenia
      Hi.  I have a couple questions and welcome all recommendations for my disability claim.  I am currently 10% disabled for lumbosacral strain and deferred decision for this and vertebrae fractures caused by osteopenia.  I had a MRI February 2018 and results include moderate compression fracture of L1, mild to moderate compression fracture of L2, moderate to severe compression fracture of L3, mild compression fracture of T11.  Additionally, L3 moderate spinal canal stenosis, L2 mild to moderate retropulsion with mild spinal canal stenosis, multilevel degenerative changes, multilevel disc bulges, disc herniations, L1-L2 mild broad-based disc bulge with mild spinal canal stenosis, L2-L3 mild broad based disc bulge with mild to moderate spinal canal stenosis,  L3-L4 mild to moderate broad based disc bulge and severe bilateral neuroforaminal narrowing.   I have read that these malfunctions should have been claimed individually.  Will the VA evaluate/rate each condition separately?  If not, I may have to appeal or submit a new claim.  What are some thoughts and suggestions.  Do these disabilities belong in the lumbosacral strain or the vertebrae fractures caused by osteopenia.  I am totally in the dark on this stuff.  I am pretty sure no diagnosis codes have been assigned.  What can I do to support my claim?  HELP!!!!!
      • 1 reply
    • Ignore Members Who Annoy You - How To
      How To Ignore Members Who Annoy You

I'd love it if we all got along, no one had a bad day and everyone respected each other however, living in the real world it just doesn't work that way.

If you find a member adds no value to your knowledge on a topic hover over their name and then choose Ignore User. You cannot ignore moderators and admins but you can ignore others.

Thousands of veterans have come here for over 20 years to find answers and support. I wish we could help each and every veteran, but some we cannot. Sometimes folks just rub each other the wrong way and that is where the Ignore User feature comes in. Ignore the user and move on...
      • 0 replies

I'd love it if we all got along, no one had a bad day and everyone respected each other however, living in the real world it just doesn't work that way.

If you find a member adds no value to your knowledge on a topic hover over their name and then choose Ignore User. You cannot ignore moderators and admins but you can ignore others.

Thousands of veterans have come here for over 20 years to find answers and support. I wish we could help each and every veteran, but some we cannot. Sometimes folks just rub each other the wrong way and that is where the Ignore User feature comes in. Ignore the user and move on...
      • 0 replies
  • Ads

• Popular Contributors

• Ad

• Latest News
  • Our picks

• Sleep apnea- does the DBQ cover the "medically necessary/required" language?
      Hey everybody! Long time lurker, first time poster.

My question is regarding the sleep apnea language that specifies that a prescription of a breathing assistance device is "medically necessary" for a 50% rating:

Assuming that a vet is already prescribed a CPAP/APAP by the VA, does the sleep apnea DBQ portion under 2B "IS CONTINUOUS MEDICATION REQUIRED FOR CONTROL OF A SLEEP DISORDER CONDITION?" fulfill that language requirement?
      • 17 replies
    • VBA testimony and GAO report-C & P examiners
      As you all know, C & P exam results control almost all types of claims. VA employees have no choice but to go along with a negative C & P exam that will deny a claim. Some vets are quite willing to rebutt faulty exams and ask for a new C & P exam. For others, it will take a costly IMO/IME in most cases. Ben Krause has this article at his site today: http://tinyurl.com/y9co6zac
      • 9 replies
    • Lumbosacral Strain and Vertebrae fractures caused by osteopenia
      Hi.  I have a couple questions and welcome all recommendations for my disability claim.  I am currently 10% disabled for lumbosacral strain and deferred decision for this and vertebrae fractures caused by osteopenia.  I had a MRI February 2018 and results include moderate compression fracture of L1, mild to moderate compression fracture of L2, moderate to severe compression fracture of L3, mild compression fracture of T11.  Additionally, L3 moderate spinal canal stenosis, L2 mild to moderate retropulsion with mild spinal canal stenosis, multilevel degenerative changes, multilevel disc bulges, disc herniations, L1-L2 mild broad-based disc bulge with mild spinal canal stenosis, L2-L3 mild broad based disc bulge with mild to moderate spinal canal stenosis,  L3-L4 mild to moderate broad based disc bulge and severe bilateral neuroforaminal narrowing.   I have read that these malfunctions should have been claimed individually.  Will the VA evaluate/rate each condition separately?  If not, I may have to appeal or submit a new claim.  What are some thoughts and suggestions.  Do these disabilities belong in the lumbosacral strain or the vertebrae fractures caused by osteopenia.  I am totally in the dark on this stuff.  I am pretty sure no diagnosis codes have been assigned.  What can I do to support my claim?  HELP!!!!!
      • 1 reply

• 0 replies

• 0 replies
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines