VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need for criminal lawyer-asap

• HadIt.com Elder

It depends on what crime was committed? Veterans with PTSD can use it as a defense.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/help-veterans-with-ptsd-who-are-accused-crimes.html

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see from your post that your husband is 100% tbi/ptsd.  Just so you know, from what I read on the VA site, if he is in jail for any lenth of time, he will be reduced to 10%.  I also read, that you can ask for a part of your part of his comp.  Not sure how smooth that goes.

The big take away from what I read is that you need to notify the VA of when (if) he goes to jail, because if you don't, and he gets out he will not get back to his 100% until he settles up from when he was in the jug.

I have a lot of experience on the other side (I'm a cop), and can tell you that a call to the District Attorney asking the best way to make this (whatever happened) right, will go a long way if figuring out what you need to do.  Its free, and he will either tell you he can help you or he will tell you it is out of his hands.  Again the call is free.

Bottom line is, what did he do?,

Hamslice