VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help with some VARO and NOD questions

Rate this question

Rootbeer112

Question

Hello,

First time user so please bear with me

I got a phone call from my VARO yesterday, apparently the Appeals department he said. I entered an NOD in 2016, for PTSD and Migraines. I sent in DBQ's for both, Nexus letters for both etc... After they received the NOD they requested more information from my Psychologist, which she in turn sent them 38 more pages of treatment. Since then I have heard nothing until yesterday. The man from the VARO said he just had a question about one of my stressors and asked a few questions. He said he had all my other paperwork and DBQ's and Nexus.  He then stated he was the one who gathered the information so I am assuming he was a VSR. At the end of our conversation he said my claim was flagged and needed to be completed quick. I asked how long till it was done, as the cost of my Meds alone is killing me as I have six children to care for etc..... and he said he would give it to the VARO as soon as he was done reviewing it which would be the end of the day, and said by next week!!!!

My questions, is it normal for a VARO to call with questions, and if so how long after will the claim be completed, he said next week but is that even possible I have been waiting awhile, and according to my VSO, VA doctors and my own Psychologist there is no way it shouldn't be approved, which of course now has be thinking it will be ugh.. anyway, any thoughts would help, and thank you all for your service.

11 hours ago, R3dneck said:

Rootbeer112 don't think too much into a decision from the VA until you get your BBE or you hear exactly what they decided from NSO or attorney. Like Berta said they have an "Enhanced Duty" to assist since they lost some of your records. Stay calm and breathe easy my friend.

Gotcha,

Well lets hope they assist

• HadIt.com Elder

Rootbeer112

Have you had a PTSD C&P Yet?

if you have post a copy of it on here, we can read what the examiner put in the checked box's...cover all your personal information  name/claim # ect,,ect,,compare the C&P EXAM to the rating criteria sheet.

In my opinion just from what you have mention  you have the correct criteria to be approved for a PTSD Rating...Remember we just speculate your rating by what your C&P outcome will be...if we say it looks like a 50% 70% or even a 100% ...those raters will put what they feel like  and you can always disagree with them ''IF'' your symptoms meet a specific higher rating criteria.

if you meet a 70% rating criteria and they only give you a 30%  Hell yes Appeal that decision.

7 hours ago, Buck52 said:

Rootbeer112

Have you had a PTSD C&P Yet?

if you have post a copy of it on here, we can read what the examiner put in the checked box's...cover all your personal information  name/claim # ect,,ect,,compare the C&P EXAM to the rating criteria sheet.

In my opinion just from what you have mention  you have the correct criteria to be approved for a PTSD Rating...Remember we just speculate your rating by what your C&P outcome will be...if we say it looks like a 50% 70% or even a 100% ...those raters will put what they feel like  and you can always disagree with them ''IF'' your symptoms meet a specific higher rating criteria.

if you meet a 70% rating criteria and they only give you a 30%  Hell yes Appeal that decision.

Yes had C and P

says more likely than not

also my Psychologist also sent in an Initial as well as review DBQ for PTSD along with the Nexus Letters. I am just gonna have to wait and see. I just want my meds covered, they keep increasing them and adding more.

Also have had Neuropsychology exam at VA as well as my Psychiatrist I have been seeing at the VA for 2 years both of which diagnosed me with PTSD

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger that