VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help with some VARO and NOD questions

Rate this question

Rootbeer112

Question

Hello,

First time user so please bear with me

I got a phone call from my VARO yesterday, apparently the Appeals department he said. I entered an NOD in 2016, for PTSD and Migraines. I sent in DBQ's for both, Nexus letters for both etc... After they received the NOD they requested more information from my Psychologist, which she in turn sent them 38 more pages of treatment. Since then I have heard nothing until yesterday. The man from the VARO said he just had a question about one of my stressors and asked a few questions. He said he had all my other paperwork and DBQ's and Nexus.  He then stated he was the one who gathered the information so I am assuming he was a VSR. At the end of our conversation he said my claim was flagged and needed to be completed quick. I asked how long till it was done, as the cost of my Meds alone is killing me as I have six children to care for etc..... and he said he would give it to the VARO as soon as he was done reviewing it which would be the end of the day, and said by next week!!!!

My questions, is it normal for a VARO to call with questions, and if so how long after will the claim be completed, he said next week but is that even possible I have been waiting awhile, and according to my VSO, VA doctors and my own Psychologist there is no way it shouldn't be approved, which of course now has be thinking it will be ugh.. anyway, any thoughts would help, and thank you all for your service.

Root, regarding your VA Direct Deposit Bank/CU Account and real-time Txt & Email notifications. Most Vets use their Bank/CU Checking or Debit Account for VA Direct Deposits. Regardless of the outcome of your VA DRO Review Decision, using Txt & email notifications is just about the best way to Police your Bank/CU account, think ID Theft.

As I discussed previously regarding, what in my opinion was an ill-advised choice of a  DRO Review, you won't be notified of when the actual "Review" takes place. If an Award is granted, a RETRO Deposit will hit your Direct Deposit Account well in advance ( 4 to 6 weeks) of the actual Decision Letter.

Semper Fi

12 minutes ago, Gastone said:

Root, regarding your VA Direct Deposit Bank/CU Account and real-time Txt & Email notifications. Most Vets use their Bank/CU Checking or Debit Account for VA Direct Deposits. Regardless of the outcome of your VA DRO Review Decision, using Txt & email notifications is just about the best way to Police your Bank/CU account, think ID Theft.

As I discussed previously regarding, what in my opinion was an ill-advised choice of a  DRO Review, you won't be notified of when the actual "Review" takes place. If an Award is granted, a RETRO Deposit will hit your Direct Deposit Account well in advance ( 4 to 6 weeks) of the actual Decision Letter.

Semper Fi

OK thanks I got it now. I only thought that the DRO held a hearing if he or she wanted to speak to you, I don't remember anywhere on my NOD for saying I could choose a hearing just BVA or DRO review.

You can't do much about it now, except be sure that the Mandatory VA Required New & Material Evidence that was not available to the original Rater, is currently in the possession of your RO Rating Dept. Don't take a chance on an Administrative Denial based on your failure to provide "Actual N & M Evidence."

Give consideration to filing an Official Request for an "Informal DRO Evidence Conference." Getting an informal face to face with a DRO before the actual Review to discuss the merits of your N & M Evidence or lack thereof, could save you a trip to the BVA.

Semper Fi

3 hours ago, Rootbeer112 said:

OK thanks I got it now. I only thought that the DRO held a hearing if he or she wanted to speak to you, I don't remember anywhere on my NOD for saying I could choose a hearing just BVA or DRO review.

Call number today

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 8:35 AM, jfrei said:

Call number today

Hey, I called the number, they were very nice. She said my claim was with the DRO so who knows how long it will be, the lady said they had everything, she said to call her back in a week if I don't hear anyhting

So did she submit N inquiry to see why it was stalled? Glad she's helping you out and hope more people call this number they do wonders at the VA