VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help with some VARO and NOD questions

Rate this question

Rootbeer112

Question

Hello,

First time user so please bear with me

I got a phone call from my VARO yesterday, apparently the Appeals department he said. I entered an NOD in 2016, for PTSD and Migraines. I sent in DBQ's for both, Nexus letters for both etc... After they received the NOD they requested more information from my Psychologist, which she in turn sent them 38 more pages of treatment. Since then I have heard nothing until yesterday. The man from the VARO said he just had a question about one of my stressors and asked a few questions. He said he had all my other paperwork and DBQ's and Nexus.  He then stated he was the one who gathered the information so I am assuming he was a VSR. At the end of our conversation he said my claim was flagged and needed to be completed quick. I asked how long till it was done, as the cost of my Meds alone is killing me as I have six children to care for etc..... and he said he would give it to the VARO as soon as he was done reviewing it which would be the end of the day, and said by next week!!!!

My questions, is it normal for a VARO to call with questions, and if so how long after will the claim be completed, he said next week but is that even possible I have been waiting awhile, and according to my VSO, VA doctors and my own Psychologist there is no way it shouldn't be approved, which of course now has be thinking it will be ugh.. anyway, any thoughts would help, and thank you all for your service.

Absolutely it did and to this day they help me with questions I have still with my claim since 2015 when I had my DRO hearing then 30% now 100% P and T and with the help of answers I've pulled from this site.

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 8:58 AM, jfrei said:

Absolutely it did and to this day they help me with questions I have still with my claim since 2015 when I had my DRO hearing then 30% now 100% P and T and with the help of answers I've pulled from this site.

I may try that

Root, how about posting a redacted copy of the PTSD Forensic C & P DBQ and the Denial Letter? Those (2) items would answer many questions.

What is the exact date of your NOD DRO Review Filing? Did you file for a Financial Hardship Advancement?

If you have a VSO POA Rep, contact the VSO's RO HQ Office and request the Rep to personally check with the DRO Reviewing your NOD for a status update.

Semper Fi

21 hours ago, Gastone said:

Root, how about posting a redacted copy of the PTSD Forensic C & P DBQ and the Denial Letter? Those (2) items would answer many questions.

What is the exact date of your NOD DRO Review Filing? Did you file for a Financial Hardship Advancement?

If you have a VSO POA Rep, contact the VSO's RO HQ Office and request the Rep to personally check with the DRO Reviewing your NOD for a status update.

Semper Fi

Gastone,

are you asking for the Initial denial letter ? or the one from my appeal, my NOD is still on going. I will try the RO VSO comment you said.

21 hours ago, Rootbeer112 said:

I may try that

Ok, so I went to the RO in Philly on Wissahicken Ave and they would not let me talk to anyone working my claim. They said nobody can do that anymore, and that the system is National and my claim may not even be worked on in Philly. I know it is though as the VSR called me from there a few weeks ago like I stated earlier. The Lady was very nice, but explained nobody can talk to a rater or DRO or anyone working my claim, so I will just have to wait. Very exhausting this is, very.

Root, the only way "YOU" personally get to talk directly with a DRO or Rater is if they initiate the contact, as in an "Official Informal DRO Evidence Conference" usually requested by the DRO or yourself. A few Hadit Vets report they've been contacted by DROs or Raters by phone.

As to your recent RO visit, did you call ahead and make an appointment with your VSO-POA HQ Honcho, to discuss your need for a Status update? Your VSO-POA at the RO, has direct computer access to your C-File. A VSR can also make direct personal contact with the Rater or DRO assigned to your Claim, usually by just walking down the hall.

What's the date of your NOD?

Semper Fi