VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD C&P

Rate this question

marinevet1987

Question

I just had my PTSD C&P exam yesterday for an increase from 50%

Now, I know what I'm about to say is total speculation. No, I don't need you to tell me this stuff, because I know it is not 100% guaranteed. No, I haven't seen the final report, so nothing is final. But when he was putting stuff into his computer, he told me what he put in and went over it with me. So, based on this, do you think I could get a raise from 50%?

He said he put:
OCCUPATIONAL AND SOCIAL IMPAIRMENT WITH DEFICIENCIES IN MOST AREAS, SUCH AS WORK, SCHOOL, FAMILY RELATIONS, JUDGMENT, THINKING AND/OR MOOD

Depressed mood
Anxiety
Suspiciousness
Near-continuous panic or depression effecting the ability to function independently, appropriately and effectively
Chronic Sleep impairment
Impairment of short and long term memory, for example, retention of only highly learned material, while forgetting to complete tasks
Disturbances of motivation and mood
Difficulty in establishing and maintaining effective work and social relationships
Difficulty adapting to stressful circumstances, including work or a work like settiing
Inability to establish and maintain effective relationships

The two things I can't remember if he said, but may of said, were:
Impaired impulse control, such as unprovoked irritability with periods of violence
Difficulty inunderstanding complex commands

What do you all think?

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

There's a form they fill out about your past employer and you can submit that in as evidence for your IU claim like I did

I didn't originally file as IU.  I would say it would be too late to now wouldn't it?  Could they go ahead and put me on IU, without me requesting it?  If they decided they wanted to, would they contact my employer and ask for information?

As a note, I am currently employed.  I had a panic attack so bad earlier this month that the Fire Department had to be called to my work because I was hyperventalating.  I have panic attacks daily (some not as bad as other).  The panic attack where my boss had to call the fire department I basically had a mental breakdown in front of my boss.  He told me I needed to get help, and sent me home for the day.  He said that if it happens again, I could be considered "unfit for duty" and could lose my job.

I submitted the fire department report, which shows they had to come to my work, to the VA, as well as a Statement in Support of Claim explaining that my boss said I could be fired if this is a reoccurring issue.

Will that Fire Department report and support of claim statement help with the 100%?

Also, I had to go to the ER back in November because I had such a bad panic attack.

Edited by marinevet1987

I don't know of instance where the VA gave something without asking for it. And they do request that form or you can have them fill it out and submit it on ebenefits if you are in good graces with them