VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Insurance - Help Needed Quick

Rate this question

Dean

Question

• Chief Petty Officers

I put this in Social Chat and when I tried to copy paste, Mozilla stopped me. I could go to I.E. and do this but I am already here.

I put the question in Social Chat so if you do not mind please go there for details.

My insurance is going to expire Sunday. I really need to find a supplemental insurance for my medicare. If you think that you can help me, please post in Social Chat. I am only 37.....1-22-1969.............

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• Chief Petty Officers
Dean, go to this website, type in your zip code and it will give you a list of options. Pick one and call them tommorrow.

http://www.medicarenewswatch.com/?gclid=CO...CFR1EWAodFAP0Tw

I hope this helps.

I went to the site and it did not help much at all. They did not have listings for the Medical insurance. Only the prescription plans. I would have had to fill out a form and have them contact me. I have enough people calling me and sending me junk e-mail. I am wanting someone that has a good insurance company to let me know how they like what they have. A company can tell me that they will give me a mollion dollars for siging up. If anyone want's to help, Please read my other long post so you can understand what my problem is. I do not have time to think about this. I need examples from other people that have used certain agencies. I am not trying to be mean. I am just getting desperate.

• HadIt.com Elder

Check with Medicare they should be able to provide an approved list. You have to do something by tomorrow.

Guest jangrin

You can also call an independent insurance broker (yellow pages) and they can sell you a secondary or supplimental policy to medicare and will usually answer your questions about the coverage over the phone. They will hope they can sell you more insurance like homeowners, car, life, earthquake, flood, just be nice and let them know you'll CONSIDER anything after you handle the current emergency.

jangrin

Dean,

Pete is right. Medicare has it's own network of companies they work with. Contact them to find out what options/companies are available in your area to work with. My husband is on medicare and we work with a local company so that he could continue to see his doctor's that he had been seeing for years. They also cover the local hospital within that network. Once medicare gives you names and numbers, call each of them and make sure that your doctor(s), hospital, etc. are in the network that they provide coverage. They will tell you that there are different levels of coverage based on your needs. But, part D medicare for precriptions will be included. Well, at least it is with our network. Once you find the one you want, they should be local so you can go in and sign paperwork to get signed up today.

• Chief Petty Officers

My Insurance Agent called me today. She has been in New York with her Dad. Her dad had 3 mastoid tumors (I think that is what she said) in his head. :P Her dad is in his 90's. I guess she had a good reason not to be in touch with me. She will be at my home in the morning to sign me with a new company. :P

:) Thanks for all of the advice from everyone.......................

My pressure is off now..........

Hey Pete....Long time...... No talk.......Or see

How have you been doing?........Birthday boy...