VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

P&T notice.

Rate this question

Rocket1949

Question

What does the VA give you to show that you are permanent and total.The BBE didn't have anything directly stating that.  My Commissary letter on Ebenefits states "This total disability is considered permanent. You are not scheduled for future examinations."

Does that statement mean P&T ? Is there any other documents that would reflect P&T. Seems like there would be more documentation to indicate TDIU P&T.

Thanks

EDIT.  Looking at my summary of benefits letter it states " You are considered to be totally and permanently disabled due solely to your service-connected disabilities"

Sounds like P&T but is it?

Edited by Rocket1949
update

Hi, I just read your July 8th post today. I have the same situation with a TDIU claim and still waiting for the BBE. My AB8 letter shows no change in my status, however, a commissary letter appeared with P&T on it with no future exams. But that's all that was stated, no percentages. And when I click on disabilities that still shows my current rating 90%. Does the commissary letter trump the AB8 letter?

So how did everything turn out with you? Did you get your benefits.

Congrats to you guys.  I think I have finally talked hubby int filing iu.  He needs to file for sleep apnea too.  But the dr that did the sleep study has retired.  And his records were supposed to be sent to family dr. Nope.  Local hospital ha some of them.  But I'm not sure it is enough.  Guess I will have to go see what they have.  He retired in 2008 and has not worked since then.  He has went down hill pretty fast.  Is it going to matter that he is retired?  He retired out of the coast guard in 92.  Completely retired at 62.  Will how much he makes have any effect on this.  He gets his coast gaurd retirement.  And 3 small retirements from police and sheriff department, after 92.  And then of course va disability.  Which is 80 now..  will any of that knock him out of iu.   We would probably submit iu for around 2010,  that is when he started having fainting problems, and had a blood clot in his lungs.  I was just looking on ebenefits and see they approved a claim for neuropathy on the lower extremity right side 10 percent added , so he is 20 on that side.  But they did not approve the other side.  At least according to ebenefits.  Nothing extra for his hearing.  But I pulled up the nots from the c and p. And on bothe sides for the neuropathy, it ask if this effects him being able to work and the examiner checked yes.  Of of course the appeal he has in,  his drs checked yes on dbq.  So will that be in his favor?  He really has a problem walking sometimes, his feet hurt so bad.  Says his toe feels like sausages.

You know I saw where an 80  something yr old filed for iu.  And got turned down!  He was a world world ll vet.  What a slap in the face.  Why would they turn him down!

i know I have said this in the past,  but I value all of your advice.