VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

RETRO

Rate this topic

Prettypantha

Received $4588 in retro for 4 months effective 1 Mar 17, today. Hopefully, the DRO will review my 2 appeals soon. Thanks to everyone whom took the time out of their busy schedule and had given me a congratulatory shoutout for the WIN on my claim. I really appreciate that.

WE'RE IN IT TO WIN IT

prettypantha, Congrats!   I know you had a rough ride to get to where you are at now, as I have been following you situation.  You have gone thru a lot!  When you feel down or discouraged, I always remember the words of my favorite late basket ball coach Jim Valvano  who "Don't give up...Don't ever give up".

Thank you for the words of encouragement @Jimmer

Congratulations!

CC "Captain Contanimate" used to say the same:  Never give up.  The ones that win VA benefits are the most persistent.  Persistence wins when all else fails or gives up.  

You just need to try "one more time" than the string of denials and delays VA hands you.  

Thanks for that knowledge @broncovet!

I'm ready for it...Perseverance is my middle name! LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

• 1 month later...

Congratulation Prettypantha!  I will echo broncovet by saying persistence pays off, because those who stay the course receive the reward at the end. I just want to add that I was told in 2013 when  I was only at 30% that I would never get a 100% rating because it's to hard to reach that rating. Well, 4 years later I'm 100% P&T!  In their face!

Edited by saxman

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use