VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA expands firings

Rate this question

Berta

Question

https://www.va.gov/accountability/Adverse_Actions_Report.pdf

This is Report # 2 as promised weekly.

More VISNs are covered. The swamp is being drained.

6 answers to this question

Berta, This is good,  However we need to see "high-level firings" that are really justified. If Sharon Helman, the former Director of the Phoenix, az., VA gets her job back (she is appealing) then it will send a message that the under-lings will get canned, but the real culprits "skirt by".  I know several vets that have said if she is rehired the will "take matters into their own hands".  I told them that is not the way to go, let the system handled it.  But if she gets rehired, it will tell us that Washington looks the other way, on the executives and the decision makers, that  this order is nothing more then a "paper tiger". And the vets that want to take "matters into their own hands",  I really couldn't blame them.

I am sure she will go eventually because Phoenix is what started the whole outrage.

Have those several vets contacted the VA complaint hot line yet?

Yes they have.  The have given detailed information, on the problems, treatment (lack of)  on what happen.  I have also called as well several times.  I told them about the things I have seen, like the vet that went into cardiac arrest, and I had to call 911 to get a "outside ambulance" take him to a hospital outside the V.A, because no one at the V.A.  would do anything, the just ignored him, like he wasn't even a human being!   Berta, this is just one of the things I saw and experienced at the Phoenix V.A.  I have compiled a list of things with dates, times and go over it with them.

Great. They need to hear from veterans!

I raised many issues with them as an advocate- and they told me that was the type of info they needed to know about.

I named a director as well who does not know 38 CFR.  And I can prove it.

But they also asked me, as a surviving spouse, to tell them a little about my husband. The woman had some of my VA stuff up on her PC and I told her, as you can see, the VA killed him with improper medical care.The last 1151 award was in 2015 so I think that was there on what she saw.

That part of the conversation was more than interesting to the woman who took the call........she was shocked at the first DIC denial I got and how the Buffalo VARO  withheld an autopsy from the C & P doctor and also from the General Counsel and I referred her to my H VAC testimony on that.

If I had not gotten aggressive with them over that autopsy, I would have never succeeded on any of my death claims.

I did say I dont think they discriminate against widows,. they treat us as crappily as they treat veterans.

( But I also said my VA  history documented by the VA itself, does seem to definitely show a pattern of retaliation...because I fought back.)

But If any vet or survivor  has a valid claim and refuses to take their crap, no matter how they try to discourage them , they will succeed in their claim.

(Hopefully in their  lifetime)

Berta, What you went thru, was absolutely a miscarriage of justice.  I am so glad that you fought and fought for what was right, and have become such a great advocate for us veterans!  You have a wealth on knowledge that is unsurpassed!  You have seen I suspect, every dirty trick that the VA can come up with.  I just cannot understand why the VA has had such disregard for the veterans.  The reason I am so adamant about Sharon Helman not returning, is the VA in Phoenix, AZ, has made a remarkable change thru out.   Veterans are treated with respect.  Appointments are kept.  the latest I had to wait was five minutes after the appointment, and they were apologizing like crazy.  Follow up  is done.  You can get a follow up appointment with a reasonable amount of time, sometimes two weeks or within a month. They explain what procedures are being done and why.  I had dental work done last year,  at the VA,  and he was the best dentist that I had.  He knew what he was doing, explain everything to me, ask If I had any questions, etc.  I just don't want the Phoenix AZ.,  VA to go back to what it was under Helman's watch.  It made a prison look like a "five star retreat".

18 hours ago, Jimmer said:

we need to see "high-level firings"

Yes.

Wells Fargo fired tons of people, but the problem remained until the leadership was exposed ...

Please excuse my irritation at these posts, it really hits me in the wrong spot.

The lack of near any critical thinking by just touting VA pressers is just too shocking.

I'm really perplexed how anyone involved with the VA for so long, and in such depth couldn't understand propaganda doesn't fix anything.

Why the need to call the WH hotline if there's been such an improvement at the VA? That doesn't make any sense, either.

All that's happening here is the cabal that runs the VA is allowed to keep doing what they've always done; brutalize low level employees and Veterans while we cheer them on.

If we did what Jimmer suggests, then the problem would be solved overnight.

Again, I'm profoundly shocked by what I saw at the VA, and news articles that come into my feed, or are posted here near everyday. This presser had zero solutions, or connection, to those problems.