VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Medical Facility (needed)

Rate this question

vlobo

Question

So today my claim for PTSD had a small update. It's still in the "gathering of Evidence" stage, but the "Needed from Others" changed to reflect "Va Medical Facility". What does this mean? They haven't even requested my private treatment records from the psychologist I meet regularly with. My Dr. was hesitant to give me the records and told me it's customary for the VA to request on their own. I submitted the form allowing my Dr. to release my records, but I haven't seen any activity that would suggest the VA has done so. What am I waiting on now? Any thoughts? Thanks! 

OOPS!   I misread something earlier.  Here is the deal:  

VA thinks ONLY VA doctors can diagnose PTSD sufficient for rating.  No, I dont think this is fair, but you would have better luck trying to stop the wind blowing than changing this at VA. 

You will need to see a VA doc at least long enough to get a VA doc diagnosis of PTSD.  

The VA doesnt accept private doctors diagnosis of PTSD.  Yes, you can fight this, and maybe even win, but the easier method is to go to a VA doc and get a PTSD diagnosis.  You can still get treatement outside of VA, but you will need a VA doc diagnosis of PTSD.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Without a VA PTSD DSM 5 Diagnose  you will be denied.

They are just messing with you about the C&P  when you go to this C&P on Aug 1st  the first question is  does the Veteran have a PTSD dx from the VA?

After that the examiner will check the appropriate  boxes.

The Non-VA PTSD dx will knock your claim down.

When you call the VA they don't tell you the criteria of a claim...

For rating purposes veterans need to educate them self on the CFR's and Case Law of what the disability is their claiming and learn the criteria and severity of symptoms for their Disability & the VA Guide-lines.

12 hours ago, vlobo said:

My doctor diagnosed me as "Chronic Post Traumatic Stress Disorder". 

Slam-Dunk on current diagnosis.

A private company does near all private medical requests- IIRC it's acronym is DOMA.

On 7/21/2017 at 10:47 AM, Henrici said:

If it was me I would not depend on the VA to request the records from your private Dr. 

Great advice; hard to understand but sounds like your VA care was contracted to your private doctor. Perhaps all records were already in VA's possession. VA wouldn't give an exam if they didn't have them first, so that's confusing, too.

In any case, the DBQ is how raters rate the particular disability.