VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

White House Hotline question

Rate this question

Navyguy2013

Question

I am thinking about calling the White House Hotline to see about several NOD's that are well over 900 days old.

I am second guessing myself as I do not want the VA to retaliate against my claims because I am rocking the boat.

The RO keeps telling me there are about 700 claims in front of me. That has not changed in over 6 months. I know

many NOD's are older than mine. It would be nice to have some forward movement in my place in line. 

Has anyone heard that the VA retaliates against veterans for calling the White House Hot Line?  Does calling the hotline

yield any positive results?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I felt my call got results.

I called as an advocate but they pulled up some of my past claims issues.

They called me back in 2 weeks to tell me my ideas ( I had been contacting VA Secs and the H VAC for years) had been incorporated into HR 457- in progress.....to change the claims process in better ways.

I also got a nice card in the mail from President Trump thanking me for my ideas.

The bulk of my call however was about the malpractice stats the VA has- that are inaccurate.

2 or 3 vet lawyers agreed with me over the years when I pointed out how these statistics have been manipulated.

The Call back was from Secretary Shulkin's office.

They are still looking into that part of my call. I have considerable evidence of my concerns, and told them what the OGC told me, as the reason my FTCA case was never reported to the NPDB. I referred them to H VAC testimony I gave (with evidence) and exactly where the actual malpractice stats are. VA knows where  they are.

I did a radio show here as soon as the Accountability Act came out. I think only one member here listened to it.

A friend of mine who works for the VA listened to it too.

There has been pessimism from the git go here on the changes the President and Sec Shulkin are trying to implement.

I will no longer post any of the Friday VA reports on how many more are being canned at VA.I expect one within the hour.

Fear of retaliation will not create change.

The VA and POTUS has to hear from veterans themselves, to know what the problems are at VA.

I hope more changes come within the next 6 months. It will determine my future in advocacy.

Berta I sent Ebert a email waited 1 month never heard a word. So I emailed Shulkin with a forward of the email to Ebert and to my surprise I received an email from Ebert that afternoon.

The emails didn't help but it definitely let them know I'm not waiting forever for an awnswer to my questions without going over their heads.

Hope I got their names right ?‍♂️

I think it is reasonable for you to call the white house after 900 days, but, unfortunately, that is "normal" for the VA.  If you check the BVA Chairmans Report, you will see that it now takes about 4 to 5 years for a BVA appeal.  Do you have a docket number?  Did you file an I9?  If you did not file an I9, within 60 days of the SOC, then you dont have an active appeal.  Many Vets dont understand that, to appeal to the BVA, the Veteran must timely file TWO reports, not just one.  

1.  Within a year of the BVA decision, you must file a NOD, and on the correct form.  

2.  Within 60 days of the SOC, you must file an I9 form, appeal to the BVA.  

If you miss EITHER of these deadlines, you have no appeal.  It dies.  

I have the new email for the Accountability Team:

VAAccountabilityTeam@va.gov

My claims are sitting at the NOD level, so no BVA level yet. My claims were originally denied for failure to show up for VA exams.

Too bad they never notified me of any pending exams. I guess the VA was able to clear out some of their backlog

by not telling me anything about my exams, then they could just deny my claims and move on to screwing the next veteran.

About 3 months ago, I have also emailed Shulkin, I eventually did get a response, it was basically, "We are overloaded, wait your turn".

While we have been waiting on the NOD since June 2015, I have continued with my research and medical documentation. A couple of months ago they sent me for a round of tests,exams, CT's. PFT's etc. Very thorough, very  managed. And done by the Chief MD of each Dept. In the process we found more evidence, and then last visit with primary care, she tells me that she is referring us to the C and P DBQ Clinic which I has never heard of. Was not sure about going but decided my Nexus doc's curriculum vitae is very extensive and at best I think the VA docs may be MDs but with far less experience. So we went on Wednesday and did 3 DBQ's, Lungs, Heart, and Hypertension. I went prepared with documents and showed him the evidence of spraying of herbicides/pesticides I found, the statement from the base Entomologist, evidence that showed HIDAL spray systems from the nearby MEDAC Evac Hosp, and  statements from other soldiers. He gave me a form to give to the RO about this that stated the DBQs were done in Vista, he told me he had access to all of the studies and  tests, and that the DBQs would be up and in my husbands medical record in a couple of days. He suggested filing for CAD as well which I will do once I see what the DBQ says and if needed I will get an IMO as well. I will send  all with the claim, since the CT showed   an enlarged heart, both aorta and coronary artery with plaques and Afib as well. Some mitral valve regurgitation and a Peri Cardial effusion. Like I said I think I have  given them ample evidence of the events with spraying not to mention the other pollutants and toxics he was around including Diesel exhausts. I hand carried it in to RO yesterday, and pending the info being reviewed we will see if this triggers anything. Hopefully they will move on it. I will see what the DBQ says in a couple of days I guess,