VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

• Founder

@Crossfit702 

I do take exception with your comments about the MST claims. First, I would like to say it hurts all men and women who have suffered sexual assault when anyone makes false claims. However, I can say for sure you do not know what the individual went through, these types of assaults are rarely witnessed by anyone. The brutality and theft of personal security is something that for many they can never get back. No matter how many benefits they get, the fight to get those benefits to constantly tell the story sometimes in excruciating detail over and over again for compensation is a humiliation that leaves its own mark.

Please don't put all MST folks in the same boat. It does a disservice to your brother and sisters who have suffered this trauma. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Crossfit

I can see why you are not happy with the VA.   You experienced homelessness and hardship due to the VA stalling .  I experienced the same thing in 1972 after Vietnam and VA started me off with 10% disability.  It took almost 30 years of appeals and my own ignorance of the system to get TDIU P&T.   I hated the people at the VARO.  They hid themselves at the place in Bay Pines so that none of us could get at them.  Many times VA looked me in the eye and lied.  I try not to judge others when they file and get 100% for what I don't fully understand.  If you are able to work I suggest you keep working for as long as possible.  Never tell a VA doctor you "feel better".  Just say you are coping.  Any time you have a good claim that gets denied you are going to feel misery and some degree of disgust and anger towards those who judged you.  I sure do!  I should have had the full benefits I have today almost 40 years ago, so I don't feel gratitude to the VA. I lost a few hundred thousand bucks in compensation because VA took advantage of me and I got such poor advocacy from VSO's until I started to read Hadit and post.

John

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use