VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I file for TDIU or do a NOD for 100% PTSD?

Rate this question

kent101

Question

The VA generally does not "infer TDIU" when the VEteran is working.    I told the VA I was "not working" and they still did not infer TDIU.  Im still fighting VA for TDIU after 15 years.  

21 hours ago, Gastone said:

Kent, what was the date of your PTSD Award? The VA has to send you an Award Letter. Keep in mind the Award Letter can arrive a few months after the Retro $$ Deposit and E-Ben SC update.

You don't get a PTSD C & P copy automatically. If your PTSD C & P was performed at the VMC, check your MHV Med File download, a copy of the DBQ should be in the "Treatment Notes" section.

Semper Fi

My VSO sent me the letter earlier this year.

Edited by kent101

On 7/24/2017 at 4:32 AM, broncovet said:

The VA generally does not "infer TDIU" when the VEteran is working.    I told the VA I was "not working" and they still did not infer TDIU.  Im still fighting VA for TDIU after 15 years.  

If I do I'll get the doctors note saying I can't work and the VOC Rehab letter.

Edited by kent101

On 7/24/2017 at 4:10 AM, Gastone said:

Kent, what was the date of your PTSD Award? The VA has to send you an Award Letter. Keep in mind the Award Letter can arrive a few months after the Retro $$ Deposit and E-Ben SC update.

You don't get a PTSD C & P copy automatically. If your PTSD C & P was performed at the VMC, check your MHV Med File download, a copy of the DBQ should be in the "Treatment Notes" section.

Semper Fi

Thanks.

Edited by kent101

Depending on your current employment/Earned Income situation, start an IU Secondary to PTSD FDC on E-Ben. You've got 364 to hit the Send Button.

Filing a NOD against the Recent PTSD Award, what causes you to believe the Rater was in error with the 70% Rating?  Are we missing something here, was there EOR (Evidence Of Record) in your C-File that you believe the Rater missed? Remember, your thoughts and feelings play no role in a NOD/Appeal.

If you actually do qualify for IU, you could have an FDC Award paying you at the 100% Comp Rate within 5+ (?) months. You can still file your NOD within the 12 mos filing window.

Semper Fi

On 8/15/2017 at 11:49 AM, Gastone said:

Depending on your current employment/Earned Income situation, start an IU Secondary to PTSD FDC on E-Ben. You've got 364 to hit the Send Button.

Filing a NOD against the Recent PTSD Award, what causes you to believe the Rater was in error with the 70% Rating?  Are we missing something here, was there EOR (Evidence Of Record) in your C-File that you believe the Rater missed? Remember, your thoughts and feelings play no role in a NOD/Appeal.

If you actually do qualify for IU, you could have an FDC Award paying you at the 100% Comp Rate within 5+ (?) months. You can still file your NOD within the 12 mos filing window.

Semper Fi

Thanks.

Edited by kent101