VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bruxism secondary to PTSD

Rate this question

Stick Slinger

Question

I went by the veteran services here and ask her to print off what ever was entered from the Severe Bruxism C&P from July 10th. It was in there and she printed it for me. It says under Pertinent Findings:

A note dated June 6th authored by Dr X X diagnosed the claimant with PTSD and symptoms attributable to PTSD which included severe bruxism and migraines. Also a letter dated April 17 2017 signed by ( a different Dr) stated claimant suffered from OSA as confirmed by a sleep study in Feb 2017. He was prescribed a CPAP machine to treat the condition, but is unable to wear it many times because of his anxiety and "feelings of suffocation"  secondary to the PTSD. The letter also stated that the claimant had suffered from Migraine headaches, TMJ disorder and PTSD since 1991.

Then the box was checked stating: the claimed condition is at least as likely as not ( 50 % or greater probability ) proximately due to or the result of the veterans service connected condition.

So now I guess I wait. I still am waiting for DBQ appointments for the Sleep Apnea, Migraines, and TMJ..

Thoughts??

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
On 8/7/2017 at 10:44 AM, Stick Slinger said:

So I have not received any paperwork from the VA yet, but I was granted 10% for Bruxism secondary to PTSD. They did not rate the TMJ at all but it looks on E benefits that the looped it n or joined it with the Bruxism.. I will know more when I get my PW back from them,,

Sounds promising. Did they list a four digit code next to the 10% for bruxism?

I know this thread is a little old now, but I was looking for someone who has filed for and been awarded service connection for bruxism. I do not have a diagnosis (yet), but have had bruxism for years. I have multiple broken teeth and some missing from where I have destroyed them from the grinding. I don't only grind my teeth during sleep, but often times I do it during the day, as well. I was just awarded SC for PTSD earlier this year and would like to file a claim for bruxism as secondary to the PTSD. There's little doubt in my mind that they're related.

Anyway, my real question is, how the heck do you file a claim for bruxism? I have seen people refer to their Bruxism C&P exams and even being awarded SC for bruxism, but I can't find anything in the VA rating info for bruxism. When I go onto eBenefits to file a claim, there is not category for bruxism, either. So, how do you file a claim for something they don't have listed?

I still have not received anything from the VA except a denial of OSA secondary to OTSD. They have approved several of my claims without even going to a C&P exam. My PTSD was raised from 30% to 70%, I got 10% for the Bruxism, 30% for migraines for a total of 80%.

I had a letter from my dentist saying how bad my Bruxism is and it is causing my TMJ. My private Doctor filled out a DBQ for me stating that it was 50% greater than not, caused by my service connected PTSD. They then sent me to a VA dentist who agreed and it was done. I can see the award E Benefits but still have not received anything from the VA through the mail.