VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100 % At Last !

Rate this topic

LeroyJohnson

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Leroy- I would just write a letter addressed to the VARO and put in the right hand corner :Re: Finance Department and tell them exactly why you think they are wrong.

They dont mean to make these types of errors but let's face it- they do- and it is your money -not theirs-

It took me quite some time to figure out a check I got 2 years ago-

it was off by $11,000 - but the way they listed the benefits by year sure looked professional-

except they forgot a whole year of DIC and yet it seemed right at first.

It takes printing off the historic rates -less what you already got under the last % and then checking the dependents rate too-

The Dec rates are actually the next month rates-that part gets confusing when one tries to figure it all out.

It only took VARO 3 weeks to correct the errors they made in my awards. They made errors in all of them.

maybe one was right-

Dont know- when they pay a widow accrued it seems they take the 2 years of the lowest rate and not 2 years of a higher rate.

They gave me 2 years from 1991-1992, 1992-1993 100% rate -yet 1993-1994 was a higher amount-

I should look into that- and keep forgetting to.

• HadIt.com Elder

Leroy

After all the years fighting the VA we become like punch drunk fighters who answer any bell by starting to swing. Best to sit down and relax and consider very carefully what you will do with the retro. It would make a nice emergency fund. Sitting on a pile of cash makes for better sleep at night.