VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone ever lost SSDI, after being Reviewed?

Rate this question

Navy04

Question

Currently being reviewed at 3 yr mark from the SSA. Has anyone on here ever been reviewed, what was it like? Also has anyone ever lost their SSDI? I am only 35 so I know the SSA will continue to review me every 3-7 yrs until I get old, and have a head full of Gray Hair, Lol.  Two years reviewed by Military, became Permanent, Last year VA went from 100% Temp to Perm. Just seems like every year I am fighting or defending myself. Worse is I am waiting to have back, neck and shoulder surgery. Just overwhelmed as most of us Vets are. Sorry for the rant, and thanks in advance. God Bless

Did SSDI just send you the letter asking about appointments etc?  If that is what they sent you answer the questions and include a copy of your VA letter awarding you PT.  I did that with my review letter that just asked a few questions and I received another letter in the mail not long after that they were not going to review me at this time.  Not sure if it was the many appointments or the PT letter but either way, they never really did anything and continued my SSDI.  I am 45.

I will have to let you know.  We just filled out my wifes (awarded Oct 2015) form and sent it in.  She goes to the doctor at least 3 times a week, and had two surguries last year, so it was pretty simple.

Not sure what they do with that info, though.

Hamslice

N04, at ease with the, "get OLD and have Grey Hair" references. We "MATURE Adult Vets with White or Grey Hair" have tender feelings.

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

Hey Gastone  you left out ''Silver''....hanging head down   :(

I have had 10 surgeries since 2011, with 3 more coming up, and I have an artificial bladder installed last year. I have too many health issues, as I was approved for SSDI in 7 weeks, which as far as I know is about the fastest I have ever heard of. I received the thick letter packet, and replied back with 1100 pages of VA records, just in the last 3 years, along with my Permanent letter. Most people tell me I will be fine, I just tend to get worked up, and stressed as most. As far as the Gray hair, just a saying, as my wife cant wait til I have Salt and Pepper Hair, hopefully I live that long.  Thanks for the support guys