VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone ever lost SSDI, after being Reviewed?

Rate this question

Navy04

Question

Currently being reviewed at 3 yr mark from the SSA. Has anyone on here ever been reviewed, what was it like? Also has anyone ever lost their SSDI? I am only 35 so I know the SSA will continue to review me every 3-7 yrs until I get old, and have a head full of Gray Hair, Lol.  Two years reviewed by Military, became Permanent, Last year VA went from 100% Temp to Perm. Just seems like every year I am fighting or defending myself. Worse is I am waiting to have back, neck and shoulder surgery. Just overwhelmed as most of us Vets are. Sorry for the rant, and thanks in advance. God Bless

My wife’s says the same thing, it’s drives her nuts the amount of time I wasted on my claim with the VA. Although this year I went on IU and five months later the VA said it was moot made it P and T best believe it was the help I had gotten here and my nagging OCD of always having the last word. O but wait it wasn’t over yet for my family when I just found out what SSDI was due to this site and filed denied twice like everyone said would happen. Hired an attorney filed an appeal took some advice contacted my senator with my P and T rating magically my years wait turns into two month wait to my hearing. Now I’m sweating this hearing because anxiety is a b***. Then the VA says they are scheduling me for an inpatient rehab  in Richmond VA for my TBI residuals next year but I can’t leave my family out to dry if I don’t get this SSDI granted so nervous as hell and counting down the days. I had a voc assessment done, an mental RFC done,  and numerous doctors dx of my tbi and ptsd being severe enough the VA made me 100% P and T. Anyone have anything to have done or evidence to unbury that would or could give me a better chance then I already have? Sorry for the highjacking just read this and it sounded like a familiar story...

I, too, "wear the pants" in my family and get the last words in.   Yesterday, my last words were, "Yes dear, I will do it right away".  

My father used to say that if you show me a household where the man wears the pants in the family, I will show you one smart wife who lets him think so.  

Jfrei,

Only thing you can do is make sure you got all of your hard Medical Evidence, not just your opinion of whats wrong. As I stated, i was approved in less then 2 months, but have alot going on as you can see in my Signature. I had to see both the physical and mental Docs, exams just as hard as the VAs in my opinion. My twin brother hired lawyers and it took him almost 3 years, including the SSDI denying him twice, then had to go in front of the Judge. It was nervous as hell, and said it went better then he thought. The judge actually let him and his lawyer talk, and all went well. Anything to do with Disability is so stressful, whether it be the VA or SSDI. As Vets we always have to be on the Defense, and the Govt just does not want to admit what we have gone thru, let alone pay us compensation. Everything should work out for you. Good luck