VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone ever lost SSDI, after being Reviewed?

Rate this question

Navy04

Question

Currently being reviewed at 3 yr mark from the SSA. Has anyone on here ever been reviewed, what was it like? Also has anyone ever lost their SSDI? I am only 35 so I know the SSA will continue to review me every 3-7 yrs until I get old, and have a head full of Gray Hair, Lol.  Two years reviewed by Military, became Permanent, Last year VA went from 100% Temp to Perm. Just seems like every year I am fighting or defending myself. Worse is I am waiting to have back, neck and shoulder surgery. Just overwhelmed as most of us Vets are. Sorry for the rant, and thanks in advance. God Bless

• HadIt.com Elder

Ain't that the truth Seminoles

I have a 28 year old Neice that loves my hair for some reason...she went out and colored her hair Gray she tried to make it Silver the color of mine, I said why did you color your hair girl you have beautiful blond hair....she said I just love that Silver   its so beautiful and shinny...I said well it probably won't be to long before you don't have to color it, when you you get old like me that don't seem all that long  and besides you probably got it in your gene  my brother is also Greyish Silver.

3 hours ago, Navy04 said:

I have had 10 surgeries since 2011, with 3 more coming up, and I have an artificial bladder installed last year. I have too many health issues, as I was approved for SSDI in 7 weeks, which as far as I know is about the fastest I have ever heard of. I received the thick letter packet, and replied back with 1100 pages of VA records, just in the last 3 years, along with my Permanent letter. Most people tell me I will be fine, I just tend to get worked up, and stressed as most. As far as the Gray hair, just a saying, as my wife cant wait til I have Salt and Pepper Hair, hopefully I live that long.  Thanks for the support guys

I wouldn't worry about it really, you sent them the information they need. Most folks who get dropped from SSDI are those who havent' seen a doctor in years, arent on any meds  etc.  Those of us who live the life of chronic issues and are PT by the VA (which we all know is hard as heck to receive) they don't tend to mess with too much but they have their rules and they do send those letters out.  I still worry too, it is in our nature.  Even being PT I still don't trust the VA won't mess with me, I think those of us who even fought awhile with the VA or SS tend to not trust that we are going to be treated fair.  That and well let's face it, for me, I have serious trust with most authority figures ;) 

We just got my wifes response from SS back today in the mail.  They stated that there would not be a review and that they would not be contacting any of my wifes doctors.  So, appearently what we wrote and sent back on the first letter worked for her.

FWIW,

Hamslice

• HadIt.com Elder

In 20 years I have only received one letter from SS for a review, that was 5 years ago, and I had just a surgery the day before the letter came. About a week later I got another stating things were good and to forget the review.

Seminoles, Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. You and I really think alike my friend. I am also a Retired US Marshall, but like you dont trust the Govt. Thanks again and really appreciate you.

Hamslice and JR, thanks to the two of you as well. You guys just relieved a little of the weight on my shoulders. I am going to see the Back surgeon tomorrow, and shoulder surgeon on thursday. So I am trying to focus on that, and not the dang govt always coming after us. God Bless you guys and I hope you have a good week. You guys made my day.

Back for an update guys. First of all I meant no disrespect about having gray hair or being older, you have all earned that. Over and over again since the Navy retired me damn Docs keep judging me based on my Body build and my age, it just gets old. I feel when I do get a bit more Mature, I wont get questioned as much.

10/4 Update!!!

Received SSDI packet stating that Conditions are severe enough not requiring a Medical Review at this time, and benefits will be continued. I figured as much, and my SSDI was approved Solely on PTSD and Bone issues, not even Crohns or all the other stuff going on. The last 3 years I have been Temporary Navy and VA, Reviewed on both and Made Permanent, and now the SSDI Review. So it has a been a few stressful years to say the least, as it never ends. My wife gets so mad and always says "You did not ask to be hurt or Retired, so why does the Govt keep trying to come after you". She used to think that when the Govt said they would take care of us, it meant sign on the Dotted Line and they would never mess with us Vets again, but in fact it is the complete opposite. I dont know what the Future holds, I just want to continue getting all the benefits that I can so I dont put so much strain on my wife and kids, thats all. Thanks to you guys for always listening to my rambling and for understanding. I am having a hard time healing from this back surgery that did not work, "I need a Fusion", and currently using a walker which for me is embarassing. I know that sounds stupid, I should not be ashamed, but I cant help how I feel. Just did not plan on my family having to take care of me at 35. I love all of you and I hope I say it enough on here.