VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pension - to SSA for med evid used in disab dec

Rate this question

Casmaster

Question

Has anyone seen this in their E-Benefits status? 

Pension - to SSA for med evid used in disab dec

If you have does it impact my UI claim if I have never filed for SSA?

Currently at 80% hoping to move to 100% with UI.

Edited by Casmaster
change in wording

• HadIt.com Elder

If the VA knows you are getting SSDI they are supposed to get the records from SSA and consider it in a rating decision.  This can take a long time.  If there is some way you can get the records of a SSDI decision and send it to the VA as evidence that would make it go much faster.  The VA can take months if not years to get something from  SSA.  If you are getting SSDI for your SC condition you should be able to get IU pretty easy. 

Casmaster,

Any updates? I have this too, but i DO receive SSDI so i am hopeful it will help with my TDIU claim....

The difference in criteria between Social Security disability and TDIU is all about being unable to work DUE TO SC disabilities.  With Social Security, the reasons you are disabled does not matter whether its "service connected" or not. 

A successful Social Security disability claim can help you obtain TDIU PROVIDED THAT the disabilities listed are service connected.  

Social Security disability is good evidence that you are unable to work.  Best to check your social security disabality decsion and see which disabilities render you unable to work.  

As I recall,  there  are (2) other main differences. VA's consideration of the Vet's ability to do any type of "Sedentary Employment" that would provide Yearly Earned Income above the SGI ($12,400) and SSDI only looks at your ability to do your current or last job, regardless of education and experience.

Just wanted to update y'all with a bit of news. I called the SSA, they said it shows that my Med Records were sent to the VA December 22nd.....so, progress at least!