VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

eBenefits letters contradictory

Rate this question

Henrici

Question

Hello all!

Has anyone had this happen: I checked ebenefits today on my TDIU claim and while there is no decision yet,  in my VA letters the Benefit summary states: 

Summary of benefit information
Include? Information Value
Include the information in this row You have one or more service-connected disabilities: Yes
Include the information in this row Your combined service-connected evaluation is: 90%
Include the information in this row and the one below it
  • Your current monthly award amount is:
  • The effective date of the last change to your current award was:
  • $1748.71
  • April 01, 2017
Include the information in this row You are being paid at the 100 percent rate because you are unemployable due to your service-connected disabilities: Yes
Include the information in this row You are considered to be totally and permanently disabled due solely to your service-connected disabilities: Yes

However the AB8 letter shows: The current benefit paid is as follows: Gross Benefit Amount $1,748.71 Net Amount Paid $1,748.71 Effective Date April 1, 2017 Combined Evaluation 90 percent.

Also, the commissary benefit letter shows: We are providing you with this letter so you may receive commissary store and exchange privileges from the Armed Forces. This is to certify [my name] is an honorably discharged veteran of the Navy and is entitled to disability compensation at the 100 percent rate due to service-connected disability(ies). This total disability is considered permanent. You are not scheduled for future examinations.

These letters contradict each other and the monthly award [and effective date] is wrong if I am being awarded 100%. 

Does anyone have any thoughts? 

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

system lags you've been made IU permanent and total congrats alittle confused on your award amount look at your past due payments was that correct if not call them to fix the correct amount that may not have been updated yet maybe check at the end of the day don't wait to call it might not have changed yet

Yeah! that's the thing. The money should be abound $2900. I don't know why they would post I'm being paid at 100% and keep the 90% payment the same. My Lawyer contacted them and was told it will be 6-8 weeks to process the award. So why post these letters now? I won't see any money for a couple of months. And it is odd that only the commissary letter remarks that there will be no future exams. I live 2 1/2 hours from the nearest commissary so I won't even be using that benefit.

Did your Retro Deposit hit yet? What 100% Rate for single Vet, no dependents? I don't recall if there were kids involved in the divorce. Even if you're ordered to pay child support, only the custodial parent can claim them as Dependents, unless the X files a waiver.

Sit back and try to relax, the Award Letter is somewhere and will eventually arrive. What was your 08/01/2017 Comp Direct deposit amount?          Semper Fi

No retro yet, and the only claim that is closed is the dependency from my divorce back in March.  So I owe for [1] dependent, I figure < $800 to date. But my DD this month was still paid at the same rate as before [$1,894.71]. even though it was supposed to be reduced. I can't figure out what they are doing. All I know is I am in the dark with no official paperwork to go on, just all these cryptic hints on eBenefits. I have been fighting for 20 years for IU and the VA is going to make me wait another 2 months even though, apparently, a decision was made on June 8th.

By the way I am dealing with the St. Petersburg R.O. in FL , and they are infamous for making mistakes and delaying benefits. A few years ago there was an article in the paper reporting that there were so many untouched C-files in there storage rooms the ceiling on the floor below had to be re enforced because there was a danger of collapse. My remanded appeal sat there from 1999 to 2005 without being worked on at all. Some raters there were imprisoned for making up fake claims for friends and family and pushing them through while veterans died waiting for their claims to be processed. They cleaned up their act a little but that place is still a black hole, no better than the AMC.