VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tramadol

Rate this topic

Seminoles, you are totally right, it sucks that the Govt controls us like this. Problem is too many people are addicted to the stuff. So they treat us all like First Graders. Thank God that you 100%, and just try to think of all the Homeless and Starving Vets out their with no Pension. That is the only thought, that keeps me from losing my damn mind. God Bless

On 08/04/2017, I received a text message from my PCP doctor sayiny " Tramador is a narcotic/opoid medication so the VA requires certain things for that to be prescriped, such as a pain agreement to be signed and regular urine drug tests.. We do this for all of our veterans on narcotics".  This is the reasons why I was called in for a regular urine drug test, I don't remember signing this agreement but I have no problem with this so I agree with the reasons they had me take this test, I want to thank all the veterans who had the time to reply to my message.

I was on Tramadol [not so addicting] for back pain, and taking oxycodone occasionally when it got severe. The VA made me choose between one or the other. I had to choose the opiate because I needed it when the pain was severe and now have addiction problems. The VA is clueless about the drugs vets are prescribed. 

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
On 8/7/2017 at 7:19 PM, babyray said:

On 08/04/2017, I received a text message from my PCP doctor sayiny " Tramador is a narcotic/opoid medication so the VA requires certain things for that to be prescriped, such as a pain agreement to be signed and regular urine drug tests.. We do this for all of our veterans on narcotics".  This is the reasons why I was called in for a regular urine drug test, I don't remember signing this agreement but I have no problem with this so I agree with the reasons they had me take this test, I want to thank all the veterans who had the time to reply to my message.

Had to sign the pain agreement years ago, told about random urine tests. Doc refilled my tylenol 3 once, but refused afterwards. A dozen of them lasts me a year or more anyway. Notified them in writing I was revoking it as it was a waste of time in my case. Never once was tested. Been getting periodic spinal epidurals for years to help manage some of the chronic pain.

• 2 weeks later...

Heh at least you folks got some progress.  The best they could offer me was tramadol with lorzone.  Lorzone worked well for the muscle spams, however, Tramadol wasn't too great with the pain.  I've had better results with the extended release Oxycontin and anywhere from 10 to 50mg of oxcycodone through out the day.  

I have been experimenting with CBD oil, however, it is necessary to have THC in the mixture, which from state to state as ms Jane is still illegal.  Slowly other states are approving the leaf for medical uses, however, they are so slow in the uptake and application.

• 1 month later...
On 8/25/2017 at 6:51 PM, ArNG11 said:

I have been experimenting with CBD oil, however, it is necessary to have THC in the mixture, which from state to state as ms Jane is still illegal.  Slowly other states are approving the leaf for medical uses, however, they are so slow in the uptake and application.

Hey there @ArNG11 - I've been moved from Tramadol to Norco because of chronic neck and back pain, I've getting steroidal injections for both and considering the spinal cord stimulator implant for longer term relief of the pain.

I see that CBD oil is considered OTC and sold in (or available to be mailed) to all 50 states. Any idea how the VA treats CBD oil alone? I'm not interested in mixing THC as it's currently illegal in Texas.