VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IMO Options

Rate this question

ShuMan

Question

https://www.valor4vet.com/about -- My Number one recommendation for an IMO. I have used them with great success. $300 - 400 per IMO.  

I did not use these guys but I did speak to them on the phone.

www.reemedical.com -- They are a company that can get DBQs filled out for you. There focus is the joints.  Up front $1775 flat fee for all DBQs.

Veteranrating.com -- If you go here and fill out some info they can recommend medical consulting company's to work with.

4 answers to this question

Well, I hope I dont need them, but I will give them a call if the need arises.    I have not used them, nor do I know of other Vets experience with them.  I am reluctant to recommend something I have never tried.  

• HadIt.com Elder

OR some times it pays to just stick with your home town doctors.

OR  call around to seek a veteran friendly Dr.

if a Veteran has a good re pore with his private Dr and explains to them just how the VA is as for as getting medical opinions.

a lot of it is how they word things   such as ''AS LEAST LIKELY AS NOT'' those are powerful words as for as the VA is concerned.

And also Think about  the ''Benefit of Doubt ''Relative Equipoise'' when applied & a condition is opine from two different Dr's ,The VA usually will be in the Veterans favor if the Veterans Dr goes into more detail and has his credentials intact  vs the VA Dr.

check out Ms Tbirds post & other members post

https://community.hadit.com/topic/41504-balance-of-positive-and-negative-evidence-relative-equipoise/#gsc.tab=0

The More We Veterans can educate our self the better  ...Always Remember good solid medical  evidence is the key that unlocks the doors to a brighter future AS FOR a winning our claims.

Dont forget the "poor man's IMO".  That means, if your regular VA doctor wont give you a favorable nexus, then go to another VA doctor.  If the other VA doc provides you with the applicable nexus and/or necessary diagnosis, its winner winner chicken dinner.  

This is what happened to me...only I didnt "try to make it happen", it just happened.  My original doc would not provide a nexus, but then he left.  I was assigned a new doctor, who was much more Veteran friendly, and offered the nexus without me even asking.  

Remember, the VA is not a unified body.  Its a group of employees, with vastly different opinions on Veterans, and their diseases, and what caused them.  

You want a doctor that represents YOUR best interests, not one whose number one concern is saving the VA money so he can be promoted.  

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use