Hello,

My name is John, I served in the Marine Corps from 90-94 and I am getting ready to start my process with the VA. I have a good job with insurance benefits but have some issues.

I have been dealing with stomach issues (?), I have pain on my left side that keeps me from sleeping, my spleen is enlarged 3 times its normal size and liver is not working properly. I have been seeing Gastroenterologist and a Oncologist for this but they have no answers. I am hopping maybe seeing a VA Dr will help. I also have Urinary Incontinence; I have been incontinent for the last 9 years. My Dr prescribes catheters but they hurt like hell and our insurance wont pay for my diapers. My last issue is hearing loss; I have constant ringing in both ears and have been told that I have noted hearing loss in both.

Hope I can get some assistance through them.

Stay safe,

John

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI John,

Hadit.com is certainly the place to come with your questions.  Lots of real help here.

If you have a job, you do not qualify to Non-Service Connected benefits, other than VA medical care, and then only under certain conditions.  You will need to contact the VA to determine your eligibility, if  you haven't done so already.

Generally speaking, the Veterans Benefit Administration will compensate you for medical defects if that/those defects can be shown to have had it's beginning (onset) during your time in the service.  In most cases, proof of in-service occurrence must be proved through your Service Records, including but not limited to your in-service medical records.

If your issue(s) do not correlate directly to your service, but relate to some other documented injury, then that may be considered "secondary" to the original injury.  For instance, your liver issues may be connected to some other disease you first encountered in service.  During boot-camp, you may have injected with some inoculation using the "jet-gun" technique/apparatus, where the blood from a previous recruit may have been inappropriately shared with you, causing HPB, HPC, or some other disease.  Over the years, this disease may have affected your liver, and now, you have a serious condition.  All of these "assumptions" must be proven in order to be effective in your case.

When in-service records do not provide adequate clarity on your issues, there are ways to overcome this lack of clarity.

TexasMarine

Hang in there MarineJohn.  Continue working also, until you can no longer do so.  Working is better than VA benefits...I have done both, and I prefer working.  The "job" at applying for VA benefits sucks big time, with frustration after frustration.  You never know who your boss is.  And you dont know when the job will end and benfits begin, but its always longer than you think.  

Just so everyone knows, theres no way VA can find you on here (hadit) I have had some veteran PM 

& Let Me know there afraid to post  important questions on hadit  in fear of VA officials reading hadit  and find out who these veterans are and botch up their claims.

I mention to them there's no way any VA Official can Identify us on hadit .com and use the information against us veterans with the VA Claims process.

so if any of you veterans out there need help with your claim or any information  please post your questions here on hadit.