VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

smc a&a

Rate this question

jboyd

Question

va letter denying my claim...this is what the letter says.... you indicated that you require regular aid and attendance of another due to your service connected charcot marie tooth diease type II of the bilateral upper and lower extremities. although the evidence shows you require assistance in the regular activites of daily living.you do not meet the scheduler requirements to entitlement to this benefit. in addition,your service connected disabilities are currently on appeal....   i have a iu nod dro that is 698 days old now in flroida..not worked sense 1991 and been on s.s.  sense 1994 the va has this also......i am 80% cmt(pn) camp lejeune water hazard.....i filed a nod dro to keep the date..is there anything else i can do besides wait?????/

On 8/6/2017 at 3:07 PM, asknod said:

If you are seeking SMC L for A&A for the CMT,  VA will require a positive 21-2680 from a doctor If you do not have an IMO.  Speaking of which, I do hope you've collected all your military records from the NPRC.  Your claims file might have them in it but that is not always the case. I had one where the STRs were about three years behind a Vet's filing in 1970 and didn't show up until we went looking for them when we filed in 2015. Bingo. §3.156(c) and a mega retro check.  To play VA poker, you need to see all the cards. Best of luck, sir.

P.S. Didn't anyone notice the water tasted funny  at Camp LeJeune? 

va pcp filled out my 21-2680 form....just waiting for iu nod dro claim to get done in florida  i am at 701 days now...been on s.s. sense1994 for my cmt(pn)...