VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

Bohnamvet26

Question

OK first off this is my first post and I know from previous sites I need to get down the proper etiquette on a forum so don't bash me to hard. Second how do I get rid.of all the ads on the site? Anyways my question is i am I. The gathering evidence stage had my c n p a 2 months ago and I was looking at the examiners notes . said direct service connection  and the diagnosis was clarification of the adjustment disorder assigned in service. I started obsessing over my claim like of most of us all do and as I was fumbling through my records I saw records before I was in the army for mental health showing I had an adjustment disorder. I was on tricare being an army brat so I guess they are all on the system. My question is will the raters see that I had an adjustment disorder prior to service? Did the c n p examiner possibly see that I had an disorder? And how much will this affect my direct service connection ? Would they possibly change it to aggravated? Adjustment disorders last up to six months so mine was technically over before entering the service I just don't no if I will be getting jwrked around and denied for some pre existing disorder they found that is clear and unmistakable.....

2 answers to this question

• Founder

@Bohnamvet26 Welcome Aboard, you can purchase an ad free subscription here if you like https://community.hadit.com/store/

We understand your anxiety. The rater will have access to everything in your C-File, it's impossible to try and figure out how you will get rated, however you have somethings going for you. You were accepted into the service as fit for duty so whatever pre service adjustment disorder you had must have resolved itself before you joined the service. They may conclude that you were predisposed to adjustment disorder but nonetheless the adjustment disorder you are currently claim had it's roots in service.

I could be wrong and I hope others opine. 

As usual, you need the Caluza elements for service connection:

1.  Current diagnosis

2.  In service event OR AGGRAVATION

3.  Nexus, linking the above.  

Check to see if you have all these, dont guess.  Get your medical records and read it.  

If your condition worsened while in service, that is called aggravation.