VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Format for Motion for Reconsideration letter to BVA

Rate this question

tanya239

Question

Hello,

I had an earlier BVA decision where I was granted an increase in my rating.  In the decision they did not rate my IU because they said I did not perfect the appeal or something like that.  I was denied IU by the regional office while by claim was on appeal at the BVA and according to the fast letter if this happens the IU claim is supposed to become part of the pending appeal in DC.  Therefore they should have taken in consideration my IU claim as well as my disability claim that they rated even though they didn't have the perfected appeal or the form 9 for IU.  So I am thinking of asking for a Motion for Reconsideration for this issue and would like to know if there is a certain format for these types of letters or do I just include the laws that were not followed and the evidence?  I tried searching for a letter but was not able to find one.  If anyone knows any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance:)

Edited by tanya239
upload

Thanks for the response.  I just realized the training letter came out after the BVA issued my decision so that could be the reason why it wasn't added to my appeal.  My BVA letter is dated in April 2 months before the training letter came out on June 17th I guess. So I don't think it would be an option for a reconsideration at this point.

The following is the format for reconsideration at BVA:

DONT DO IT.   

Instead, get you a lawyer, who will represent you gratis (eaja will pay the fees, so it costs you nothing) at the CAVC.    The perfect time to do this is "after a BVA denieal".  

However, you must do this PRONTO.  You have just 60 days to appeal to the CAVC.  

The good news:  You will likely Keep your docket number so it will move quickly.  Your lawyer will look at it to make sure your case is airtight.  

Source:  This is what I did.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes I did  forgot to put the :source ..

I have had his statment on this for a few years now.

I think I got it in 2012 or 13   not sure how long. but thank you ms berta. for putting up the link  I just plum forgot.

I think I was reading some of it and just copy this part without posting the entire link.

I'll go back and edit the link in the above post.

Edited by Buck52