VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA office of Communication no longer taking calls

Rate this question

ShuMan

Question

All good things must come to an end, the VA office of communication and case management (1-202-530-9470) is no longer going to be taking calls. This has been the most helpful number to get information out of the VA, sad to see it closed down.

11 hours ago, porgee said:

Just a ? do you have a link on this I would like too read it. Maybe it close down

for the HOT-LINE

No link,  if you call it says before you get to a rep that there closing down. I knew a couple of the reps there by name and they don't know where they are going to be transferred too yet. There office closes September 11th. My thought is that the number got out to too many vets and there call volume increased like crazy.

10 hours ago, Hamslice said:

Some poor bastard working at the VA gave a Veteran some much needed information and becasue of that they got fired.  Then they shut the line down so that that won't happen again!!

Hamslice

LOL sucks so much, they were actually knowledge reps who seemed to care.

4 hours ago, ShuMan said:

No link,  if you call it says before you get to a rep that there closing down. I knew a couple of the reps there by name and they don't know where they are going to be transferred too yet. There office closes September 11th. My thought is that the number got out to too many vets and there call volume increased like crazy.

I think they change the # and it is hard to get but  if they are closing down I

haven't seen anything on this. You can always try IRIS through E-MAIL and it could help

you or they will get someone from your RO or even BVA to call you and sometimes  you might

get an answer to your question. I am not saying your info isn't correct but I hadn't seen it yet. I will search for this. Never know what might happen with our POTUS & his decisions

Edited by porgee

"VA"  and "Office of Communications" is a contradiction in terms.   Its sort of like, "Jumbo Shrimp".   Which is it, Jumbo or a shrimp?  Or, "Military Intelligence"...which is it, the military or intelligence, it cant be both?  

The VA works VERY hard to make sure they dont comminicate with Veterans.    If they want to ask something, they ask a VSO.  Of course, VSO's dont return our calls, so the VSO tells VA what other VSO's think, who also dont return Veterans calls.   In this way, the VA makes sure that nothing the Veteran ever wants is ever implemented.