VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got Decision - Questions

Rate this question

JWMN89

Question

I went online to EBenefits this morning to see if nothing changed after my C&P last month.  It said claim closed and Decision letter sent.  After checking around I found a 70% rating for PTSD and MDD and a 3/15/17 effective date which was when I filed my claim.  I hadn't set up banking info yet so I did that.  Some questions:

1. Will they mail a retro pay check since I didn't have banking set earlier?

2.  I know I need to wait for the letter but is EBenefits usually accurate with the rating?

3.  Is there a certain day of the month VA sends payments (Like social security is always at the start of the month) or is it the claim date each month?

4.  Where can I find information on how my VA class will change?  I was class 8 before (big copays).

5.  I have a very good private therapist I'm paying for myself.  Now that I'll have a rating will the VA pay for him or do they only cover their own therapists?

Thanks for the help!  JW

Edited by JWMN89

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1. They might mail it to you but it is good your gave them your bank info for future comp amounts.

2. Hopefully ebenefits gave you the correct info.

3. The comp arrives into checking accounts or mail on the first of every month (unless the first is a legal holiday and is usually deposited the day before the Holiday.)

4. I think the award letter itself will change your class. By all means, try to get back any co pays within the EED they give to you, that were directly for VA meds for whatever they SCed. It looks like that might not involve much money.

Did you ever file a claim for PTSD in the past, that was denied?

5. The VA is only going to pay for VA MH health care, and not a private therapist.

You did well!      Filed in March  2017, awarded already.... you gave them what they needed, as evidence ....that makes a BIG difference in the claims waiting times.

If you are not employed and the VA knows that, the award letter should make a statement about possible TDIU  paid at the 100% rate of comp.

So you get SSDI and if so, is it solely for the PTSD with MDD?

Did VA know of the SSDI award and did they consider it? The award letter will have more info.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think that veterans that have a 50% S.C. or higher That puts them up for all class to the 10 level 6 -10  class

if your referring to the benefits groups?

Edited by Buck52

Berta,

i don't receive SSDI I was just using SS as an example of date.  I work FT so 100% isn't something I was looking for.  I will check on the copays though great idea!  I really tried hard to supply them with as many relevant records as I could.  Combined with a good C&P exam (posted the other day in that forum) I think I was in good shape.  I'm amazed it happened so quickly.

JW

Buck,

yes sir the benefits group is what I was thinking of.  I was in group 8 because of income so I had large copays.  I actually found it here it looks like I'll be in group 1.

JW

Priority Group 1

• Veterans with VA-rated service-connected disabilities 50% or more disabling
  • Veterans determined by VA to be unemployable due to service-connected conditions

Priority Group 2

• Veterans with VA-rated service-connected disabilities 30% or 40% disabling

Priority Group 3

• Veterans who are Former Prisoners of War (POWs)
  • Veterans awarded a Purple Heart medal
  • Veterans whose discharge was for a disability that was incurred or aggravated in the line of duty
  • Veterans with VA-rated service-connected disabilities 10% or 20% disabling
  • Veterans awarded special eligibility classification under Title 38, U.S.C., § 1151, "benefits for individuals disabled by treatment or vocational rehabilitation"
  • Veterans awarded the Medal Of Honor (MOH)

Priority Group 4

• Veterans who are receiving aid and attendance or housebound benefits from VA
  • Veterans who have been determined by VA to be catastrophically disabled

Priority Group 5

• Nonservice-connected Veterans and noncompensable service-connected Veterans rated 0% disabled by VA with annual income below the VA’s and geographically (based on your resident zip code) adjusted income limits
  • Veterans receiving VA pension benefits
  • Veterans eligible for Medicaid programs

Priority Group 6

• Compensable 0% service-connected Veterans
  • Veterans exposed to Ionizing Radiation during atmospheric testing or during the occupation of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
  • Project 112/SHAD participants
  • Veterans who served in the Republic of Vietnam between January 9,1962 and May 7,1975
  • Veterans of the Persian Gulf War who served between August 2, 1990 and November 11, 1998
  • Veterans who served on active duty at Camp Lejeune for at least 30 days between August 1, 1953 and December 31, 1987
  • Currently enrolled Veterans and new enrollees who served in a theater of combat operations after November 11, 1998 and those who were discharged from active duty on or after January 28, 2003, are eligible for the enhanced benefits for five years post discharge.

Priority Group 7

• Veterans with gross household income below the geographically-adjusted income limits (GMT) for their resident location and who agree to pay copays

Priority Group 8

• Veterans with gross household income above the VA and the geographically-adjusted income limits for their resident location and who agrees to pay copays

Veterans eligible for enrollment:

Noncompensable 0% service-connected:

• Subpriority a:  Enrolled as of January 16, 2003, and who have remained enrolled since that date and/or placed in this sub priority due to changed eligibility status
  • Subpriority b:  Enrolled on or after June 15, 2009 whose income exceeds the current VA or geographic income limits by 10% or less

Nonservice-connected and:

• Subpriority c:  Enrolled as of January 16, 2003, and who have remained enrolled since that date and/or placed in this sub priority due to changed eligibility status
  • Subpriority d:  Enrolled on or after June 15, 2009, whose income exceeds the current VA or geographic income limits by 10% or less

Sorry, I read your post too fast......you are employed! And are now in Priority group #1.

I will check out the C & P and am happy for you that this went fast.

• HadIt.com Elder

yes you will be in group #1

I had it backwards  I was thinking  the groups were in the higher ##  but your correct they start off with priority group#1 50% S.C. or higher

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THEY RATED YOU?

SOMETIMES THEY INFERRE  THE IU and not give the 100%  Try not to let that happen if you don't want the IU. 

this happens some times when the veteran has a combined rating and can't work due to his S.C. Disability.

b/c getting the 100% is much harder after a combined rating with IU. (Although the vet is paid at the 100%)

IF YOU CAN'T WORK YOU SHOULD FILE FOR THE SSDI.