VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Comp & Pen exam for skin need advice

Rate this question

centurion

Question

I am new to the group and I do not know if anyone will even respond or not but I have to ask. The VA called me in for a reevaluation exam on July 5. I am service connected for Acne Vulgaris and hidradenitis suppurativa and I have scars. They made me come in for an exam on July 5 becasue they are trying to mess with my rating. I went through that exam and now they are making me take another one on Aug 14. I am worried that they are going to lower my rating and screw me over on anything they can and anturally I want to prevent that. I was wondering if anyone had any advice or information they are willing to share that could possilby help me prepare for my exam on Aug 14? I was wondering if I could take pictures, or get a buddy letter or something from a doctor or anything like that. Anyways I welcome any advice.   Thank you.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Are you Service Connected for the skin disorder?   Even if its 0%  the hard part is establishing the S.C.

You should get the C&P Exam report for July 5th And see what the examiner mention and what boxes he/she checked.

then you can prepare better for the next C&P.

Usually its a good thing to get a C&P the first one must have left out something un- answered?   or forgot to check certain box? this could go either way in my opinion,,,I think it maybe approved or an increase...b/c if it was  a denial they probably would not be sending you to another C&P...

Go get your July 5th C&P Exam Report...Aug 14TH right around the corner.

TWO C and P exams smells fishy.  How long have you been rated, 5 years or more?  If less than 5 years, its easier for VA to reduce you.  However, a few Vets have gotten their underwear in a knot only to find out they were awarded an increase instead.  Do you have other conditions you may have mentioned??

Are your SCARS "TENDER AND PAINFUL " ?

centurion,

I have had this happen to me twice.

First, I claimed and was service connected for a facial skin condition (acne) at 0%, however, after my C&P for the skin condition, I had another C&P for scars (not claimed, the VA on their own) three weeks later and was service connected for scars 0%.

Second, I claimed and was connected for plantar warts of the foot at 0%, and again, three weeks later another C&P for scars, again, not claimed, and was again service connected for scars at 0%.

So, I believe, that when you have a claim that is related to or is associated to scars, they the VA may automatically look at that also.  Realize that this it the only thing that the VA has done for me on their own and they did it twice.  Also, different examiners each time.

Anyway, I would definitely go and then see what happens.  You never know, and there is separate ratings for scars on some disabilities, so more $$$.

And as I always say, a zero percent rating is a great thing, first if you die from it, your spouse gets DIC, and second, you can attribute another disability  secondary to your rated disability.  I have a 30% disability secondary to a 0% disability.  Cha-ching...

Just sayin,

Hamslice

• HadIt.com Elder

correction  I didn't read where you were S.C. for these condition's

IF these C&P are for increase?

I think you have a good shot at getting a rating for all of them. and not just 0%.

so go to your C&P on the 14th and answer all the questions asked...and you could even show some of the Skin /Scars and if painfull ect,,ect LET THE EXAMINER KNOW & If that has worsen since your 0% S.C. If you have a Dr state your Service Connected Condition has worsen..you will be increased.

If you got a Proposal to reduce your 0%S.C.  You need to FILE nod  and ask for DRO Hearing and Fight them on this.