VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C and P exam Intent to File a Claim 2017

Rate this question

thrill101

Question

Hello fellow Veterans, I am trying to figure out, if I can pursue a couple of service connection claims, that I was examined for during my C and P exam/ Persian Gulf exam. The first one is Esophageal Conditions: It states EROSIVE GASTRITIS OF THE GASTRIC CARDIA IS A SECONDARILY SERVICE CONNECTED CONDITION AS THE RESULT OF SERVICE CONNECTED HIATAL HERNIA. Do I file a claim for this diagnosis from my C and P exam/ Persian Gulf Exam? This was the diagnosis from the C and P examiner!

Second One is for MIGRAINES....The Opinion was MIGRAINE HEADACHES IS THE DIRECT RESULT OF GULF WAR MILITARY SERVICE....stated by the C and P examiner. Do I file a claim on this one as well?

Certainly you should file a claim on both of these conditions. But did the examiners give a medical rationale for their conclusions?

At 90% now, are you still employed?

On 8/23/2017 at 9:50 AM, Berta said:

Certainly you should file a claim on both of these conditions. But did the examiners give a medical rationale for their conclusions?

At 90% now, are you still employed?

Yes, the C and P examiner gave a rationale for both of the conditions citing service medical records (smr) and his years of practice in medicine....my exam took nearly three hours. Yes Ma'am, I'm still working, because I have a family to support. But, working in the sun all day and migraine headaches don't mix....Thank  You for your reply!

So let me understand, if i am already service connected for a condition, I can file a claim that is secondary to that service connected condition? Please Help me understand? Both of these conditions I will file a claim on. Any suggestions?

So If the compensation and pension examiner diagnose you with a condition, you can file on it? Like, the Migraine diagnoses, the rationale should say what..."servere economic adaptability"...it says that on my c and p exam!

C&P exam's can note secondary conditions, by all rights, the RO should add them to the file or send you a letter notifying you that you should apply for the secondary condition. Either way, yes, you should file for them. Its a give away more or less if you are within 1 year of discharge, and if the C&P exam occurred before your discharge it should be direct service connected either way.

Okay, Thank You Chief...

Should I File on this...?

EROSIVE GASTRITIS of the GASTRIC CARDIA is a Secondarily Service Connected Condition as a result of Service Connected HIATAL HERNIA, within the my  Gastoresphoageal reflux disease (gerd)...Rationale: Service treatment records via VBMS, Civilian Treatment Records, Laboratory reports via VBMS AND CPRS as well Examiners Clinical Experience

Should I file on this....?

Vasovegal syndrome causing syncopal episodes-12 Times per year affecting employability is a secondarily caused service connected condition...Rationale: Service Treatment Records via VBMS, CPRS, Laboratory Evaluations In-service as well as via CPRS as well as Examiners Clinical Experience.

Should I file on this, as well...?

Headaches:

b. Does the veteran have very prostrating and prolonged attacks of migraines/non-migraine pain productive of severe economic inadaptability? Yes.

Opinion: Migraine Headache is the DIRECT RESULT OF GULF WAR MILITARY SERVICE.

RATIONALE: CPRS AS WELL AS EXAMINERS CLINICAL EXPERIENCE.

So do I have a case, concerning all of these C and P examiners Opinion and Rationale? Please Reply, Thank You.