VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C and P exam Intent to File a Claim 2017

Rate this question

thrill101

Question

Hello fellow Veterans, I am trying to figure out, if I can pursue a couple of service connection claims, that I was examined for during my C and P exam/ Persian Gulf exam. The first one is Esophageal Conditions: It states EROSIVE GASTRITIS OF THE GASTRIC CARDIA IS A SECONDARILY SERVICE CONNECTED CONDITION AS THE RESULT OF SERVICE CONNECTED HIATAL HERNIA. Do I file a claim for this diagnosis from my C and P exam/ Persian Gulf Exam? This was the diagnosis from the C and P examiner!

Second One is for MIGRAINES....The Opinion was MIGRAINE HEADACHES IS THE DIRECT RESULT OF GULF WAR MILITARY SERVICE....stated by the C and P examiner. Do I file a claim on this one as well?

1- Were these ID'd before you left the Navy? 

2-If so, where they identified in your original C&P Exam before you left service?

If yes/yes, I would attempt direct SC for all of it, because it was all ID'd before you were discharged. If it existed before you were out, and it is detailed, then it is a direct SC, even if it is a condition that was secondary to another SC condition. 

So, when did you get out?

On 8/28/2017 at 11:00 PM, pwrslm said:

1- Were these ID'd before you left the Navy? 

2-If so, where they identified in your original C&P Exam before you left service?

If yes/yes, I would attempt direct SC for all of it, because it was all ID'd before you were discharged. If it existed before you were out, and it is detailed, then it is a direct SC, even if it is a condition that was secondary to another SC condition. 

So, when did you get out?

pwrslm (Chief), these diagnoses were when I was on active duty. There was notes from my Service Medical Records. It was lD'd before I was discharged. I was discharged from active duty "97. The C and P examiner did a Gulf War Exam("17), and determined, Direct Service Connection for Migraines. And, two other conditions secondary to conditions I'm already service connected for, now. I have submitted claims in, for all of them. I am presently 80%. Thank You for your Help. God Bless.

Edited by thrill101
Explanation

Definitely file for headaches as well the fact they are so severe I hope the RO would have already done this but sadly they may not have and if you see that criteria is an automatic 50% for the migraines sorry I didn't notice there was a second page to this post but I'm going to leave this pic up on here 

IMG_6567.PNG

Edited by jfrei