VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What does it mean your appeal was activated by the board?

Rate this question

dsd84dsd

Question

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

you might ask  asknod this question?  Depending on when you submitted it to the board?

Activated could mean they started looking at your claim also.

FORM 9 filed May, 10, 2016...  Received at least two docket numbers from that date (16xxxx and 16xxxx)

..."When the case is received at the Board, the appeal is activated or reactivated and formally placed on the Board’s docket..." (according to the BVA Report of the Chairman of 2011)

And then...  Lucky Lawyer filed a more recent Oct 2017 FORM 9 opted for a RAMP decision on this one alone , since all other appeals had docket numbers and were already "at the Board".

Then my local Houston RO errantly sends us a notice that ALL appeals have been combined into RAMP, and that all my appeals at the Board have been withdrawn (acting as if they/RO was unaware that my docketed appeals were actually AT the Board.  Vets.gov and eBenefits gets posted as everything COMPLETE and denied.  Lucky Lawyer gets that corrected for about a month... 

Then, this crap happens again.  An RO, this time in Winston Salem NC, sends a Rating Decision Letter denying all appeals, even the retro date of the original claim of 2012.  And AGAIN Vets.gov and eBenefits gets posted as everything COMPLETE and I have zero access to WTH is going on.  Lucky Lawyer emailed me that he would look into this nearly a full month ago:

"...I believe this is just an RO trick. It seems that whoever processed the decision at the RO probably has just marked everything as complete. That should change as the decision goes through the quality review process once the quality review team realizes that your appeal is active at the board. Again, the RO there is no reason for the RO to have issued a decision so I am perplexed as to why it did. I have a hearing on Monday and Tuesday but I will see what information I can find out. ..........  Talk to you soon,... Lucky Lawyer..."

I have not heard from council since, even though I am/have and are trying to contact same.  IMO, though I don't know for sure, my council may have made the mistake of opting the last/recent appeal into RAMP and thus causing the above meltdown.  I am not really angry about this , HOWEVER, I need to know what steps have been or are being taken to correct this mess.  BTW, my claim and appeals are now over 6 years old and counting.

And CURRENTLY posted on va.gov: 

"...Compensation appeals certified to the Board and "activated" through formal placement on the docket are excluded and will remain pending in the current appeals process..."  https://iris.custhelp.va.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/3076

According to everything I can find, even from va.gov, the above crap should NOT be happening!  Am I missing something here?

Edited by HorizontalMike

After the above, I contacted the BVA DIRECTLY through the ask the the BVA a question with my BVA Docket Numbers.  Well, the Board of Veterans Appeals has failed to respond.

Instead, a Regional Office of VA responds and claims they "merged", my already activated legacy BVA appeals,into the only recent appeal that was "RAMPED" (for TDIU retro date).

My council is and has been also failing to respond as to why this is.  After all, the lawyer thought and believed that the RAMP inclusion and exclusion parameters were in fact true.  I guess that this whole BS about RAMP has been rigged from the beginning, to be nothing more than a "DENIAL MACHINE" and they don't even follow their own rules/regulations.

https://iris.custhelp.va.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/3076

Rapid Appeals Modernization Program (RAMP) Who is eligible for RAMP

Published 05/14/2018 09:12 AM   |    Updated 05/14/2018 09:42 AM

Who is eligible for RAMP?

Appellants who have a disability compensation appeal pending in one of the following stages at the time of election are eligible for RAMP:
    - Notice of Disagreement (NOD) 
    - Form 9
    - Certified to Board (not activated) 
     - Remand
Compensation appeals certified to the Board and "activated" through formal placement on the docket are excluded and will remain pending in the current appeals process.
If you elect to participate in RAMP, VA will process all eligible appeals under the review lane you select.   
As of April 2, 2018, Veterans are no longer required to receive an invitation to participate in RAMP. VA will accept a RAMP Opt-in Election from any Veteran that meets the eligibility requirements noted above.

_______

By Mail:Board of Veterans’ Appeals

P.O. Box 27063

Washington, DC 20038

By Fax:(202) 495-6803

By Email:For a status report on your appeal before the Board, click Ask a Question. In your email, please be sure to include your name, file number, and specific request.  PLEASE NOTE that we respond to emails in the order in which they are received.  We may request additional information to verify identity in order to protect the privacy of our Veterans.