VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Gainesville, Florida C&P exam

Rate this question

toddt

Question

In Gainesville, Fl the C&P exams are done in a building that is 4 miles away from the VA Hospital.   I had a C&P exam done there and was wondering if the exam will be viewable (after 3 days time) on MyHealtheVet?     Other C&P exams that I have had done at the VA Hospital in Ann Arbor were.    

Thank you

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Nope, you will have to go to a va clinic or hospital and go to release of information and ask them to print them out for you.....some will and some won't.  I have to get mine printed out, even my doctors can't see those cp exams.  Something to do with Gainesville cp location. That is a VA cp location, fyi ;)  and don't trust a single person who gives you an exam there, no one!

Edited by seminoles

The VA did a policy letter that blocked vets from getting the exams that the VBA has until after the claim is finished. Is it a violation of your rights? Probably. But you will need a lawyer to fight them about it. Most vets dont have that kind of cash laying about to make a point.

QTC and VES both are contractors with the VBA. They send the reports directly to the VBA and the VHA does not get it. Its a pain, but it is what it is.

Just my experience; I had a C&P at Gainesville in 2015. I faxed the Gainesville VA Hospital ROI the proper form, and the report arrived in 10 days by mail. seminoles has the better option. However, if you can't make the drive:

Gainesville VA Hospital ROI Fax# 352-374-6126

And that thing about not releasing the report untill you have no pending claims is BullS#^&, it just depends on which clerk you talk too.

P.S. Don't know if it helped, but I called first and told the ROI clerk I was sending the fax, and why. I also told him I would be grateful if the report could be expedited as I needed it for a time sensitive claim.; good luck.

Was it contracted out to VES or QTC? You won't see it on ebenefits then you have to request it in writting to your Regional office, saying in the letter your requesting it name SSN date of the exams what they were for and under Freedom of information Act? Just am currently working on the same thing unless you have an attorney then he can get you a copy. There's a few other ways like faxing the evidence intake in Wisconsin or mailing them which takes 2-3 weeks to process and mail out. I'm currently doing the same task it's funny I talked to a guy at the RO I said the 18008271000 said some here and have you fax the request FOIA to WI for something you could if you wanted print out for me right now? He said he can sure fax the intake but they cannot at the RO just give them to me since I have an open appeal and claim open that they might be used for and were requested by the VA for. Your exams done at the Va hospital will be available in about 3-10 days at most depending how quickly they are uploaded in.

3 hours ago, seminoles said:

Nope, you will have to go to a va clinic or hospital and go to release of information and ask them to print them out for you.....some will and some won't.  I have to get mine printed out, even my doctors can't see those cp exams.  Something to do with Gainesville cp location. That is a VA cp location, fyi ;)  and don't trust a single person who gives you an exam there, no one!

I tried that today at the release office she said she couldn't find them she called which they sent me across the street to the regional Office where they said I wasn't allowed to get a copy until my none of my claims were pending. Starting to get angry I said does this make any sense I explained the 1800 said to come here and another option is to have the Regional office IE you fax the evidence intake requesting a copy just to wait another 2-3 weeks in the mail, or you could just print them out for me? He just said come back on the 7th of September which is another appt I have there...

I go right into the Tallahassee VA clinic about a week after my CP exams in Gainesville and they print them out.   That is only for the ones the VA conducts in Gainesville, not the QTC ones. 

Edited by seminoles