VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Gathering Evidence to Preparation for decision and back

Rate this question

vlobo

Question

So opened my claim in March of this year and I actually submitted in May. I had my C & P for PTSD on August 8. Before August 8, my completion date was between September 15 to December 11, 2017. After my C & P, my date changed from September 17, to December 12, 2017. This morning, my status was gathering evidence with the same September 17, to December 12, 2017, completion date. At around noon today, my status changed from Gathering Evidence to Preparation for Decision. Since I'm impulsive, I checked again at 3pm today (still August 29, 2017), and my status changed back to Gathering Evidence with a new completion date of December 2, 2017, to February 24, 2018. Also, on my open claims page there is an error that says "Requested Documents are Past Due." They have never requested anything from me, only my private psychologist (which they told me today they had received a 17 page report from already). Is it bad it went back and forth in one day? Any thoughts? Thanks in advance! 

My current FDC is exactly like yours, lol.  Went past due cause C&P doc late on exam report.  My status changed back and forth as well.  Currently at pending decision approval.  Be done by next week as well.   After 15 claims in 4 yes, I'm used to it by now. Just try to calm down and give it a week. Good luck and keep us posted.  God bless

Also the flags on ebenefits is just to tell the employees they are past their suspense date and need to pick it up to clear the flag

And another update...went from Prep for Decision to Prep for Notification today. Completion date of 09/11 to 09/13. Also, my claim for dependents changed today from review to prep for notification (this was just opened on August 30, last weekish). I'm expecting to get denied just because of how they both changed. Any thoughts? 

My claims are moving as well I get a call today from the White House hotline your claim and appeal is with the raters... I think that's the same as Prep for a decision I think which is what ebenefits says you may be ok if the line on call Monday to the office of case management I've posted it numberous Time they can actually tell you what the deal is hopefully they are open on there last day 

Edited by jfrei

Alright everyone. Well, my claim was denied. They said there was not sufficient evidence to send to the JSRRC to verify the stressors. I went ahead and just hired an attorney to take care of it (seems less stressful ha). Thanks to those of you who followed and gave me some insight. Maybe in a few years when I get another response, I'll post what happened. Thanks again!