VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My First C&p Examination By Va. Psychologist Phd.

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi Friends,

This is my first C&P examination. Perhaps someone can learn from my mistakes.

Thanks as always,

Josephine

TITLE COMPENSATION & PENSION EXAM

AUTHOR M, C OCT 18, 2004

REVIEW OF MEDICAL RECORDS: The Veteran’s claims File was reviewed.

MEDICAL HISTORY: Mrs. __ is a 60-year old married white female in military service from March 1963 to May 1964. Medical problems include a history of TIA, hypertension, rheumatic heart disease, hypothyroidism, orthostatic hypotension, and inner ear problems.

PSYCHIATRIC HISTORY: the veteran was seen today regarding possible service – connection for anxiety and depression. She has a long history of anxiety and depression. She reports that she had no psychiatric difficulties whatsoever prior to military service. The C- File contains records related to her honorable discharge due to unsuitability regarding emotional difficulties, primarily being emotionally immature and being dissatisfied with the navy and inability to adjust to navy environment. Prior to this discharge she had two psychiatric evaluations in 1964, one of which basically indicated she was rather dissatisfied with the navy, and diagnosed no psychiatric illness. Second was similar, describing general dissatisfaction and reduction in performance in responsibilities. They suggested longstanding personality traits of emotional immaturity, dependence, and instability. She was recommended for discharge in 1964.

The veteran reports that a Dr.C --- prescribed Librium while in the service, though in the few service records that were seen this medication was not seen. However a letter from a friend in service does indicate she was on anti-anxiety medication during her service time.

An examination request dates her psychiatric treatment back only to 1978, through her C- file contains records as far back as 1967, describing how she “stays nervous” and that Librium was prescribed.

She has been on Valium for many, many years, which she reports does help some. She has been to counselors, psychiatrist and currently gets her medicine through her primary care provider. She reports that she went for help prior to even 1967, though was not put on medications in 1965 due to her pregnancy.

The veteran also reports being on Elavil some time between 1971 and 1973, prescribed by a Dr. Kibbe. Records also indicate a history on being on Mellaril years ago.

She is currently not seeing a psychiatrist or counselor, and again gets her medicine through her primary care doctor.

She has not worked since 1983, secondary to her high levels of anxiety and depression. She has been married since 1965 and reports a good relationship with her husband. They have two daughters and six grandchildren with whom she gets along with well. She has a good relationship with family, as well as a number of friends. She tries to stay active, engaging in things such as internet, some visiting with others, collecting dolls and antiques, and going to yard sales.

She describes symptoms to include extremely high anxiety and periods of depression ever since her time in the service.

She reports another number of stressors while in the service. When she was in the navy, she reports that in basic training she was unable to swim and was very frequently thrown into the pool in an effort to help her learn how to swim, and did not seek to take her out until she was nearly drowning. Another time she describes being pushed off the high dive. Again, these events are also noted by a letter from the veteran’s friend who was in the navy with her by the name of J xxxxxx.

The veteran reports that she reported this mistreatment to the psychiatrist, though apparently this is not documented in the psychiatric reports. She also describes being physically mistreated by a doctor by being grabbed by the neck and was so scared that she urinated.

MENTAL STATUS EXAMINATION: The veteran presented with extreme levels of anxiety and appeared very distraught. She also appeared very depressed and frustrated.

Her hands were visibly wet with sweat, and at times she became somewhat tearful.

There was no impairment of thought processes or communication, nor were there any delusions or hallucinations.

Behavior and eye contact were appropriate.

She reported no homicidal thoughts. She reports rare occasional suicidal ideation about once every two years, though without any intent whatsoever to act on such thoughts. She is not presently suicidal. She does adequately with personal hygiene and basic activities of living, and was fully oriented. She denies memory impairment or obsessive - compulsive behavior.

Speech was within normal limits. The veteran reports symptoms indicative of panic attacks approximately once per week with a rapid heartbeat, hyperventilation, intense fear, desire to escape, sweating, trembling and feeling cold. The veteran reports daily feelings of depression with sadness, crying spells, low self-esteem, impaired appetite, and irritability.

She reports having hope, but is but is often pessimistic. She reports high levels of anxiety every moment of the day with anxious, nervous feelings, inability to relax, excessive worry, and the above – mentioned physical symptoms of sweating. She has some mild impulse control difficulties resulting in verbal anger outburst, as well as occasionally becoming so angry and frustrated that she kicks holes in her walls at times.

Sleep is somewhat impaired, as she complains of getting only five or six hours of sleep per night due to early morning wakening, though indicates that such amount of sleep does not severely negatively impact her. She denies any alcohol and drug problems.

The veteran indicates a high level of anxiety that is often triggered by certain cues that remind her of military experiences. For example, she has, since the military service, been extremely frightened and avoidant of water, especially pools. She even tends to avoid the large tub in her home, instead choosing the smaller one. She reports heightened anxiety around doctors and is fearful of heights.

DIAGNOSIS: anxiety disorder, not otherwise specified, with depression.

SUMMARY AND CONCULSION: this veteran clearly has a very long history of anxiety with depression, and currently during this examination, warrants such a diagnosis due to the above- mentioned symptoms.

It appears that her diagnosis is not what is in question, according to the examination request.

The main question appears to be “ Does the veteran have a chronic acquired psychiatric disorder which began in service?”

Based on the evidence to be discussed next, this examiner’s opinion is that it is as least as likely as not that the veteran’s anxiety and depression was caused by a result of her military service.

The evidence reviewed in this case was the entire Claims file, though, in particular, there are records indicating that she was diagnosed with anxiety and prescribed Librium in 1967, whereas the examination request initially stated that her psychiatric treatment dated from 1979, according to the form.

In addition, the veteran reports no medication treatment prior to that in 1965 when evaluated, due to her pregnancy, which is plausible. Given the closeness of her treatment to her military service (compared to 1978), this makes it more likely than not she had been having problems in 1964, as well.

The veteran’s friend from the navy was in with her also provided a letter describing how the veteran was anxious and on medication for” nerves” while in the service. The veteran who wrote the letter, Jxxx also describes some of the abusive and stressful conditions that they endured, which could certainly contribute to such anxiety states.

In addition, the veteran’s current fear of heights and water could also certainly be tied to such experiences. Of course, it is recognized that such experiences are not proven, though this veteran’s friend does corroborate them.

In addition, the veteran had two psychiatric referrals within a short period of time in March 1964.

Given this fact, it makes it more likely than not that she had some kind of psychiatric difficulty while in the service, and she was judged to be unsuitable for service.

It is unclear why, despite the veteran’s report of telling of her stressors, that they were not documented.

The veteran also has indicated no childhood psychiatric difficulties again making the beginning of her troubles dating to service more likely.

Signed

C. M.

PhD

Clinical Psychologist

Edited by Josephine

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
The courts have ruled the VA cant hire Dr for the purpous of subverting another Dr findings unless fraud or the Dr was outside the medical pratices. So the VA got a psychirstist to whore them selfs. Higher rank or hundreds of phoney statements have no weight over a valid true diagnoisis.

Did this psychirstist interview you. Do you have his report. Allot of times the Dr's called in to overturn a previous Dr opnion write real fanticys and are easy to shoot down.

COuld you post that psychiritist fiindings here. We might beabel to help in showing how bogus it is.

You may also need to get a IMO to refute the differnance of opnions of the DR's. You dont want any non medical people making that determinaton for you. Every one from now on who reviews your claim is non medical and if you have a new IMO before them supporting your orrigonal Dr opnion. That is trumps in this game. You have check mated the VA.

Terry,

This was a strange C&P examination by the board of two. I remember seeing them for about 5 minutes and the rest is just a dream.

I hear Dr. Ba the Male Psychaitrist speaking to me always in no more than 4 or 5 words.

He said things like this to me. " show me how you kick a wall" - "Tell me about your dad" - "What about Doris" and it goes on and on.

I can see myself noticing the blinds to my side as Dr. B sat at a desk and she the lady shrink sat to his left side and in the corner opposite me and I had to turn around in my chair to see him.

I could hear his voice, but when I answered, I always remembered answering to her.

I can hear myself saying" You may not think that I know who you are, but you are doctors for the veterans administration".

This is why I sound so stupid when I speak of this examination. I remember him saying at the end, " We will have your results in a few days".

The lady psychiatrist never spoke a word during the complete exam.

When I got to my car and my husband asked me about the exam, I couldn't remember a thing.

I went running back into the hospital and asked to see a nurse. She checked me out and wrote in her log book that I couldn't remember a thing.

My husband called and spoke with Dr. B twiced after arrival at my daughters home. He said, " he told me to take a nap." I was afraid to for fear. He told my husband that I would remember what he looked like in about 3 days.

I don't mind posting on line the allegations of me that the AMC must investigate, before I turn her into the Medical Board.

I will be definitely getting the IMO. I will be mailing the info overnight on Wednesday.

Thanks,

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

Terry,

I will do my best to type it for you. It is long and may take a while. I never bought the scanner and don't know if I would know how to use one anyway.

thanks,

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder
I am so sorry that this is a long one. Take the examination with a grain of salt.

First Psychiatric consulatation:

12 March 1964

This 19 year old, HN USN with approximately one-year continuous active duty was seen in psychiatric consultation because of headaches and mild nervousness. She had stated to the Medical officers of the Naval Dis xxx that she wanted out of the Navy. She claims that she became unhappy with the navy following Recruit Training and continuous to feel so. She feels that there is no adequate reason why she cannot serve with credit and has no difficulty with her job. She is presently engaged and anticipates marriage in June 1964.

Review of her developmental and past history was essentially non-contributory. Mental status examination reveals an alert, cooperative, coherent and affable young female who appeared her approximate age. There was no evidence of psychosis or psychoneurosis. Her judgment is fair, and her insight into her present situation was considered satisfactory. In the absence of any debilitating psychiatric illness no further treatment or evaluation was indicated or recommended. It was felt that the patient having had the opportunity to ventilate some of her ambivalent feelings concerning the Navy was perhaps helpful. She herself felt better after merely talking about these things and had no real question as to her ability concerning continued active service.

F.D. J

PSYCHIATRIC SERVICE.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second Psychiatric Consulation:

27 March 194

This 19 year old, Caucasian, single, HN USN (W), Staff Member, previously seen at this facility on 12 March, copy of that consultation is attached.

The general nature of her complaints are the same, she suffers with headaches, irritability, lack of interest and states, “I haven’t liked the navy from the moment that I step foot in boot camp, but I thought that I’d give it a try.” She described a trend of waning interest since Corps school, with coincident drop in proficiency but has been able to function with the hope that a change of situations would make things remarkably different. Presently she is dissatisfied with work conditions, living conditions in the barracks, the general nature of Navy live and accordingly her proficiency has diminished to the point where a request was made by the Command that she be considered as to suitability for retention in service.

Mental status examination reveals an alert, oriented and coherent, basically pleasant, cooperative, Caucasian, Youthful female who basic complaint is disenchantment with the realities and responsibilities in several area of her life; and this basic immature attitude is felt to be the cause of her difficulty. There did not seem to be evidence of neurotic or other disabling Personality conflicts.

The background history reveals that she was born and raised in a small town in XXX the 3rd of 4 siblings having two older sisters and a younger brother. Her parents are alive and well and apparently the family relationships were basically compatible. There was no history of serious Personality Disturbance no problem adjusting to school, no problem with delinquency. However she did feel that she was always unfavorable compared to her sisters. She graduated high school and then enlisted in the Navy “because it sounded exciting” but from the moment she entered basic training she felt that it was a mistake and had been conned by the recruiter. Her adjustment subsequent to that time has already been recounted.

IMPRESSION: She shows longstanding personality traits of Emotional Immaturity; dependence and instability which in my opinion would preclude her rendering further useful service in the U. S. Navy and it is recommended that she be separated from service administratively in accordance with article C-10310, the BUPERS MANUAL.

CHIEF, PSYCHIATRIC SERVICE

C.J . XXXXX

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Letter by Commanding Officer:

7 April 1964

1. It is recommended that _____ be separated from the U. S. Navy with honorable discharge by reason of unsuitability.

2. ___ Is an emotionally immature, 19 year old corpwave who despises the Navy way of life and who has let her emotions interfere with her ability to perform her duties in a constructive manner. She has been counseled on various occasions by the wave representative and personnel officer of this command and more recently by a chaplain before being referred to the psychiatric service. _____ feels that the Navy recruiters lied to her when she enlisted in the navy, that her superiors expect more of her than she is physically able to contribute, and that her moral values have been vitiated by her contact with women who are foul-mouth and crude.

3. After the first psychiatric consultation, it was believed that ___ might be able to resolve some of her personal problems and mature to the extent where she could expend effort constructively. However, after she returned to the command, she vented her feelings to anyone who would listen to her; she felt that the psychiatrist refused to listen to her and failed to help her; she refused to cooperate with and assist her peers in the performance of their duties. Accordingly, a second consultation was arranged with a board certified psychiatrist, and he recommended that she be separated from the service in accordance with Article C- 10310, BuPers Manual.

4. From all indications, it is apparent that ___ has a very immature approach to life, is unable to adjust. She cannot be relied upon to do the most menial tasks, and it is questionable if she will ever be of any value to the service.

XXXXXXXX

Commanding Officer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second C&P Examination by the Board of Two.

TITLE: COMPENSATION & PENSION EXAM

April 12, 2005

Author Dr. L. L.

REVIEW OF MEDICAL RECORDS: Review of medical records includes the C-file. The patient was examined by a board of two psychiatrists.

MEDICAL HISTORY: Mrs xxxxxx is a 60 – year old white female, married, unemployed nursing assistant who was referred to a board of two psychiatrist as part of her appeals process for a service- connected disability claim. She served in the Navy from March 1962 ( should be 1963) to May 20, 1964, as a hospital corpsman. She alleges that her chronic anxiety and depression with headaches began while on active duty. Her first claim was filed in 1978 and was denied. A second claim was filed in 2002 and she was denied. She alleges abuse in the navy from “drowning incidents” in the pool at Bainbridge, Maryland. She was awarded 100% non-service –connected - disability for anxiety and depression, but this was denied due to excessive income. In the course of this examination, she produced a letter from her pastor, Reverend B. B, who described her as “a quiet confident young lady” and stated that she” became so unsure of herself and was very introverted and stayed within herself”, however there are no dates or additional information that would have related this to her naval service. Also reviewed in the C-file was a letter from a friend, Jxxx, who also served with Mrs. Xxx in the navy, which stated that they were “treated worse than dogs”, and, in Washington, D. C. particularly, they were “ treated worse than dogs,” and, in Washington, D. C. were “humiliated” most every day.” However, this letter does not include a description of Mrs. xxx personality at the time of entry or exit from the service but merely states that she was not the same person that she knew and recounts Mrs. xxx exit from the military before being transferred to another duty station. (I requested a transfer also and was to leave in July, but my discharge came first.)

On interview, Mrs. xxx stated that she volunteered for the navy and attended boot camp in Bainbridge, Maryland. She initially was interested in joining the navy because the idea appealed to her as “exciting”. She denied any emotional problems prior to service. She asked if the examiners wanted to “hear the story about the pool”, then arose from her seat and gave a dramatic rendition of several incidents of attempts to pass the required swimming test. During this account, she became tearful and stated that she frequently has dreams and recurrent nightmares about water.

Another recruit, Doris, also could not swim and had similar difficulty passing the required test. She stated she was then assigned to Washington, D. C. in the dispensary and lived in the barracks in Arlington, She said that she frequently heard girls screaming, possibly due to “coat hanger abortions” that were, according to her routinely performed in the barracks. She stated they were “a common thing, but I didn’t know anything about it”. She also reported that the attitudes of the physicians that she worked with affected her and recounted one episode wherein she had contaminated three trays. The doctor pulled her up by the neck, such that she urinated on herself, which was another cause of humiliation. She reported another incident while serving in an outpatient clinic when she felt faint, elected to leave the clinic and was told by an angry physician not to return. She denied seeking help after any of these incidents

She denied any Article 15’s and claims she had not workplace counseling through Captain Hxxx recommendation for discharge, dated April 7, 1964, states she was “counseled on various occasions by the wave representative and personnel officer of this command and more recently by a chaplain before being referred to the psychiatric service. She did report to Dr. C on February 25, 1964, complain of a five-six – month history of left-sided headaches. His impression at that time was vascular versus tension headaches, and she was prescribed Librium after Cafergot was ineffective. She stated she told Dr. C. that she “couldn’t handle it anymore” because of the headaches, nervousness and tremor, so a Psychiatric Review Board was arranged. She stated that the two psychiatrists that examined her gave inaccurate reports. She stated that she recounted her history of anxiety to both psychiatrist, but her report was never documented. She alleges that she was told that if that if she left the service that she would be a disgrace and would give up all of her benefits. She commented, “I was good at what I did. I had to learn in three months almost what you know”.

The two psychiatrists’ examinations on March 12, 1964 and March 27, 1964, noted her February visit in consultation because of headaches. They found “disenchantment with the realities of life” and that “this basic immature attitude is felt to be the cause of her difficulties”. There were no contributing factors or evidence of any debilitating psychiatric illness, as no further treatment or evaluation was indicated or recommended. As a result, she then proceeded to obtain a discharge from the navy under honorable conditions by reason of unsuitability, due to her “very immature approach to life”, inability “to adjust to a Navy environment”, and refusal “to accept any responsibilities whatsoever”. Since that time she stated she had chronic nervousness and particularly focused on the persistent clamminess and sweating of her hands, such that it “always followed me around”. She went to church three times after discharge but did not return due to the excessive moisture on her hands.

She was married in February of 1965. She worked as a nursing assistant in a hospital in xxxxx and worked nights because she did not want any people to see her hands sweat. Now she does not go to the store alone and ventures out every three weeks or so. Her husband drives her everywhere, and she is embarrassed to write checks and obtain change at the store because of her moist hands.

She had multiple jobs, working for nine months in xxxxxx , three months in Tenn. For a doctor’s office, the at the xxxxx for a year, where she wore rubber gloves over her hands. She also stocked shelves for xxx and two other stores and last worked in 1983. She stated she functions well by herself at home alone. She has two daughters, age 39 and 34 and six grandchildren.

One medical record said she is a Gravida 3 Para 3, but the patient claimed only two children. She took an overdose of aspirin in 1965 when she was pregnant with her first child. She states that her anger causes difficulty for her, such that she struck her oldest child when she was 2 weeks old after the infant soiled her blouse. At one time, she locked one of her children, who was 9 years old at the time, out of the house for some time. She frequently threw food on the floor in anger. She recounted a history of violence towards her husband but stated that now she has a close relationship with her children. She said that she never “wanted to talk about it” in terms of discussing it with her private physicians”. She still breaks dishes and throws objects. Crying and screaming, she also kicks holes in the walls of her house. She also has broken furniture in her fits of anger. She acknowledged that this is a long-standing pattern.

Regarding her history of treatment, she stated that she has a standing order for Valium at the pharmacy and now takes 5 mg. every four hours as needed, and frequently takes more than six a day. In one of her e-mail reports, she stated “ I chew Valium pills like there will be no tomorrow”. She denies taking any other psychiatric medications. When asked what happens when she runs our of Valium, she replied,” I don’t run out”. She did mention a history of Mellaril and different medication in the 1970’s and was not sure if they were helpful. She states that she stopped psychiatric care because she could not afford it. She did approach the Va. in 1994 for sinisuisits and received antibiotics, but allegedly was told that “they did not have facilities for women”, as she never returned. She denied any alcohol use and never took others medications. She did see a psychologist in the 1980s in Bxxxxxx. She denied any self- inflected injury and any history of eating disorder symptoms according to her. The last three years have been particularly “terrible”. This seems to related to her pursuit of disability and various letters and phone calls that she has had to make to plead her case. At one point, she wanted to “end it all” as “ a way out” and considered an overdose of Valium. She still occasionally has thoughts of taking an overdose but would not do it because of her children and grandchildren, She reported crying spells, sleeping problems and deceased concentration. There is no family history of mental illness.

MENTAL STATUS EXAMINATION: The patient was an appropriately and casually dressed, somewhat disheveled white female who appears to be her stated age. Her speech was normal in rate, pattern and flow. Her mood was anxious and affect was appropriate, constricted and congruent to mood. Thought processes were circumstantial. Thought content was without auditory or visual hallucinations, suicidal or homicidal ideation or delusions. Cognitive function revealed the patient to be oriented X4. She spelled the word " world ” correctly in reverse and recalled two of the three objects. She was able to name seven days of the week in reverse order.

Medical record review shows the February 25, 1964, visit to Dr. cxxxxx , which was the only visit for headaches in the record.

There were no psychiatric visits prior to those requested by the command. At that point, Dr. Cxxx diagnosed vascular versus tension headaches and prescribed Librium. Since that service, extensive medical records began in 1965 with her pregnancy and then pick up again on November 25, 1967 when Librium was ordered 5 Mg. prn.

From that point through 1979 she was given “Elavil in 1975, Etrafon 1975, Valium in 1976, Elixir of Butisol 1975, Valium1975, Mellaril in 1975, Adapin in 1976, Ativan in 1978 along with Stelazine for " chronic anxiety reaction" and then in 1979 she began on Valium again 5 mg daily also in 1979 there are prescriptions for Serax, Doxepin, Vistaril, Tranxene, and Ativan .She saw a number of doctors during that period , including Dr. Sxx, Dr. Txxx , And Dr, Kxxx. Medical records, which cannot be identified regarding physician authored, document that she joined the navy in order to get away from home, that she had no trouble with her nervous in service, and that she was always shy and self-conscious, In 1976 she was also given Fiorinal for headaches. In 1980 she began seeing Dr Pxxx, who continued the Valium and began Darvocet on a regular basis for headaches. She apparently took both of these medications through 1998, and reported above, continues to take Valium. In 1997, Dr. Hxxx states, “She says she has always been nervous and anxious with cold hands.

IMPRESSION:

Axis I: Anxiety disorder not otherwise specified

AXIS II: Personality disorder, not otherwise specified, with borderline, histriononic, and dependent traits.

AXIS III

Rheumatic heart disease

Transient ischemic attack

Hypertension

Hypothyroidism

Inner ear problems

Diabetes

Headaches

Degenerative disk disease of L 4-5 and L5-SI

AXIS IV: none

AXIS V: Current Global Assessment of Functioning equals 40

There are several inconsistencies in Mrs.xxxxxx allegations. She stated both that she did not have emotional problems prior to the service and that she was “always excitable and nervous”.

Mrs. Xxxx symptoms are primarily consistent with a personality disorder. Furthermore, it does not appear that Mrs. Xxxx developed a chronic psychiatric disability while on active duty. She was separated from the navy because of “unsuitability” related to her dissatisfaction with the service and several incidents, which she considered indicative of abuse. There is no record of ongoing anxiety and nervousness that was documented during her active duty. In fact, her entrance and exit physicals make no mention whatsoever of any psychiatric symptoms. It is the finding of this board that the veteran’s anxiety disorder was not caused by or worsened by her time in the service.

Staff Psychiatrist

LL.

Signed

Staff Psychiatrist

Acknowledged

Thanks,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder
Its clear the VA sent in these two psychitrists for the soul purpous of off setting your psycholigist report so who ever decides your case in the future can confuse themselfs about what to rule on.

There was no fraud or abnormal findings on part of you psycholigsts report. That is the only way the VA can overturn it. Now the VA did not like the findings of your psycholigist so they are just disagreeing with the outcome. Furthermore everyone knows military seperaton exams dont list veterans disablitys. I get full 100% comp now. The Army Dr in 1976 asked me my name and checked off normal for all psych issues. I was not required to have a seperaton exam with that eviedence on it as your two psychiritists now require of you. They were hatchet men sent in by the VA to destroy your claim.

The good news for you is the court has ruled this kind of conduct is illegal. I think if you get Dr to review your case. They can set the record straight what is real and what is VA desperat attempt to rip you off.

let me get back to the fourm and consult with Berta. I will be back with more questons and advice. Its a real shame what they are putting you through.

Terry Higgins

I am sending all of my file to the site listed above. Expert Medical Opinions - Medical specialists for veteran

and military medical conditions www.medopinions.com

The disgraceful part of it all is that I only have two children. I have never gotten over the loss of my son between my two daughters. The records of Dr. Gxxxx Sxxxx dated 11/ 21/ 69 have been changed. The records states Gravida 3 Para 2. I certainly didn't slap my baby at two weeks of age and I have never beat my husband and all that crap of self-inflicted injuries and eating disorder. I have never in my life been a cutter or any such thing. Diabetes is my only eating problem. I may try to be too perfect with my home and I certainly don't destroy it. As for the rendition in the center of the floor. I remember standing there and have no ideal of how I got there. The last thing that I heard was Dr. B say " Tell me about the pool"?

I have not been able to stand alone since 1994 due to the brain stem damage from vestibular disease.

This C&P is the reason that I contacted Dr. C. has treating me in service. He knew it all and saw it all. He is not fearful of the Va. either. His impression has been that I received a medical discharge. I will post so that others can read all of it.

I sure hope that my claim does help someone out there.

To whom to it concern:

___, formerly, ______, has requested that I write documenting my care of hr during the time period of February and March, 1964, at the US Naval Dispensary, 19th and Constitution In Washington D.C. She was an enlisted person and I was a General Medical Officer practicing at that facility. The question she has asked me to address is whether I helped her obtain a discharge from the Navy.

_____ has provided documents from her medical record as well as a recent letter to me, which is undated. My - evaluation of her on 2/20/64 and a follow up visit on 2/27/64 are available. Two psychiatric consultations are also available for review. The fist performed on 3/12/64 to Dr. J and the second performed on 3/27/64 by Dr. M. Finally the letter from Co H recommends an Honorable discharge by reason of unsuitability. My understanding is that he discharge occurred shortly thereafter.

After phone discussion with ______ I did remember her as an enlisted person at the Dispensary with whom I worked with on occasion. My workup of 2/20/64 concluded that she had tension versus vascular headaches and I added a tranquilizer to her headache medicine for her anxiety. The note from 2.27.64 documents that the lab test were normal and I recognize personal shorthand in my notes that I often used for a counseling session. After 40 years I do not remember whether I started the process for a discharge, but I suspect that I may have been supportive. She had seen a Navy Psychiatrist on 3.12.64 with no indication of further workup or return visit. Two weeks later she saw another Psychiatrist to whom I frequently referred patients who needed special understanding and sensitivity. While there is no documentation that I referred her, the fact that she saw Dr. M. scarcely two weeks after a first consultation and with no worsening of her condition does suggest to me that I may had sent her for the evaluation relative to discharge.

Both C H. and Dr. M. comment on ----- immaturity and that she is uncooperative in her duties. After she reminded me and recalled specific instances, I did recall that she baby-sit in our home on multiple occasions with our two children ages 2 and 1. I know that my wife and I would have not allowed her to stay with the children if there had been any question of her suitability. The Dispensary staff was a closely knit and I would have likely been made aware of any poor behavior on --------part.

While my memory does not allow me confident documentation of my role in her discharge there is circumstantial evidence that her story is credible . I hope that you will give her case every consideration.

BCC

Thanks,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

Josephine

Don't give up. You deserve compensation. If I were you I would ask for benefit of doubt relying on first C&P. Hopefully yourt IMO can overcome the VARO hack job.