VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

ATTORNEY FEES

Rate this question

porgee

Question

I REMEMBER Broncovet  said he didn't have to pay no attorney fees out of his decision from CAVC

yet I find this is not correct. If you win an EED of a claim for 2-3 years retro how is it that an 

attorney get paid more than a vet with an attorney with 15 years of retro without paying. 6 GRAND 

IS GOOD FOR SOMEONE that work a case for less than a year at the job.  Yet a veteran gets 175 grand and the CAVC

COST IS $1600.00 for attorney at the CAVC HOW IS THIS ???. Anybody. I WON 175,000 retro ATTORNEY FEE WAS 

$1600.00 at CAVC plus 20% of the retro. I guess every case is different.

Edited by porgee

• HadIt.com Elder

Porgee

I suppose your right I can't see to good  

here is what I read In part and I apologize to you.

''IS GOOD FOR SOMEONE that work a case for less than a year at the job.  Yet a veteran gets 175 grand and the CAVC''

''COST IS $1600.00 for attorney at the CAVC HOW IS THIS ???. Anybody. I WON 175,000 retro ATTORNEY FEE WAS ''

''$1600.00 at CAVC plus 20% of the retro. I guess every case is different.''

Also this old hadit radio podcast  archive with show with Jerrel Cook and Attorney Bob Walsh may help you on Attorney Fees.

Bob talks about Attorney Fees about 17 minutes into the podcast that may help you.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/haditcom/2015/03/11/bob-walsh-attorney-fees

This show was in 2015 so its about 2 years old but I think there has been no drastic change in the Attorney Fees.

other than getting a Accredited certified Veteran service Rep(like Asknod)  and an experience VA Attorney as to be certified to the R.O. Once a year  as I understand it.

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe Asknod(Alex G) talked about Attorney fees and EAJA Fees.....on a hadit podcast radio show too..I'll see if I can find it in the Hadit Podcast  Radio Archives.

Alex is up to date on the EAJA Fees and Attorney Fees as he has been taking classes and going to Attorney meetings to learn more about these kind of things

and Now

Alex is a Certified  Accredited VA Rep  Advocate .. If He is able to he can give you an Answer soon I'm sure he will chime in.

He is busy helping Veterans.

Whether you beleive it or not, does not make it untrue.  Yes, eaja often awards attorney fees with a remand.  And vets get no money with a remand until or unless the remand produces a favorable outcome, it does not always happen that way.  

Attornies bill the eaja in hours, and they probably have to account for what they did for those hours.  A lot goes on behind the scenes that you dont know about.  

I think my attorney was vastly underpaid.  For an attorney to "just read your file" takes considerable time" especially if you have a complicated case, and if you only had 2 pages of evidence, you probably would not need, nor hire an attorney.  My cfile is over 2000 pages.  Just to read my file would take 4000 minutes, if you could read a page in just 2 minutes.  That is 66 hours.  66 hours times 175 per hour (that is about what eaja figures, but it depends on where the attorney is located).  66 hours times 175 per hour is over $11,000 and that is just to read my file.  

My attorney should have charged eaja at least twice what she did, but eaja only allows so much.  Its probably like a flat rate when you get your car fixed.   You know, an hour to change a starter or whateveer.  

I really dont appreciate you calling me a liar because you dont believe that cavc would pay money in the case of a remand..it is not my fault you are unaware of this.  The world does not always think like we think they should.  I have volunteered to answer your questions...I have supplied my source for many of my answers that you can check out.  But I wont be sharing my personal information to "prove" that eaja paid most of my fees, so you can choose whether or not to beleive me.  It does not matter that much to me if you believe me or not, but, I also get to choose which questions I answer.  I am a forgiving person, but please drop these attacks on me or I wont be answering any more of your questions.  You dont know whether or how much attorneys are paid, so you need to either accept my statements at face value or stop reading them, as Im not going to continue defending my postion on eaja fees with you.  

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:21 AM, broncovet said:

Whether you beleive it or not, does not make it untrue.  Yes, eaja often awards attorney fees with a remand.  And vets get no money with a remand until or unless the remand produces a favorable outcome, it does not always happen that way.  

Attornies bill the eaja in hours, and they probably have to account for what they did for those hours.  A lot goes on behind the scenes that you dont know about.  

I think my attorney was vastly underpaid.  For an attorney to "just read your file" takes considerable time" especially if you have a complicated case, and if you only had 2 pages of evidence, you probably would not need, nor hire an attorney.  My cfile is over 2000 pages.  Just to read my file would take 4000 minutes, if you could read a page in just 2 minutes.  That is 66 hours.  66 hours times 175 per hour (that is about what eaja figures, but it depends on where the attorney is located).  66 hours times 175 per hour is over $11,000 and that is just to read my file.  

My attorney should have charged eaja at least twice what she did, but eaja only allows so much.  Its probably like a flat rate when you get your car fixed.   You know, an hour to change a starter or whateveer.  

I really dont appreciate you calling me a liar because you dont believe that cavc would pay money in the case of a remand..it is not my fault you are unaware of this.  The world does not always think like we think they should.  I have volunteered to answer your questions...I have supplied my source for many of my answers that you can check out.  But I wont be sharing my personal information to "prove" that eaja paid most of my fees, so you can choose whether or not to beleive me.  It does not matter that much to me if you believe me or not, but, I also get to choose which questions I answer.  I am a forgiving person, but please drop these attacks on me or I wont be answering any more of your questions.  You dont know whether or how much attorneys are paid, so you need to either accept my statements at face value or stop reading them, as Im not going to continue defending my postion on eaja fees with you.  

You call yourself a liar I call you nothing but if you post your attorney fee I will post mines 

and compare the rates. I don't have to lie to impress you nor anyone I only tell it like it is

I never ask you to answer any of my question you are not the only one have knowledge 

of claims. I been doing this for 20 years and always I research before I post a lie JUST TO MAKE SURE I DONT TELL ONE. I have no hard felling on you tell what you have too doesn't mean we have to believe. Free forum you have al kinds of people,telling about all types of claims so I think I can believe what I please.

Edited by porgee

At Ease!

Knock off the "LIAR" talk. This is a HELP site, not a confrontation site. Some could see calling someone a "Liar" as Defamation of character, we certainly don't need that here.

Semper Fi

10 minutes ago, Gastone said:

At Ease!

Knock off the "LIAR" talk. This is a HELP site, not a confrontation site. Some could see calling someone a "Liar" as Defamation of character, we certainly don't need that here.

Semper Fi

you is the one who said your friend ATTORNEY got paid 18k from CAVC and he only got 

6k retro and I still don't believe that it just don't add up like that . You started it all the first to reply

Edited by porgee