VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

When should I expect compensation & how much?

Rate this question

E1toO4

Question

See success story here for background: 28 day claim success story

Effective dates on all my disabilities are 01 August 2017 (claim submission date), at a combined rating of 90%.  Claim was closed out on 29 August 2017. On eBenefits, there is no payment history from the VA as of yet and my bank account agrees!  I've received my paper letter from VA with the monthly amount I should expect. Everything aligns between ebenefits and the official letter I received in the mail.

My question is, when I should receive compensation, and, if the answer is 01 October, will the amount be 1 month's worth of disability compensation or 2? 

Thank you!

• HadIt.com Elder

Usually after an award the $$ goes straight to your bank  even before you get the letter, if your set up to have your comp sent to your Bank electronically? you should have already gave your Bank Routing #

YOU MENTION

''Effective dates on all my disabilities are 01 August 2017 (claim submission date), at a combined rating of 90%.  Claim was closed out on 29 August 2017. O'' 

How long or how many months did it take to win your Award from the time you first filed?  is that date Aug 1st 2017? if yes

You should get the full month of Aug/Sept   so you should get two months of back pay..as I understand it and being VA Pays the beginning of the month on the last day of the last month for the next month  in other words they pay on the 1st of every month for the beginning of that month.

you should get 2 Months on what they S.C. Your S.C. %  is.  

You mention 90% combined rating, so you will be paid at that rating plus any dependents you listed.

its kind complicated   you may want to ask your VSO

if this was not done electronically  then no telling how long it will take.

Note:I could be wrong  other may chime in

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

With an effective date of August 1st, that has be wondering too. I can see why you ask. In my experience, retro arrived within a week of receiving the letter in the mail. A couple of times it arrived a day before.

4 hours ago, Vync said:

With an effective date of August 1st, that has be wondering too. I can see why you ask. In my experience, retro arrived within a week of receiving the letter in the mail. A couple of times it arrived a day before.

Yeah, it might be worth a call to the VA. I'm somewhat concerned.