VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Remand ?

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

So every time your appeal gets remanded it gets placed on a waiting list to begin awaiting a docket number? Currently my claims awainting a docket number again after the remand.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

My understanding is that the docket number does not change and once the remand gets back to the board it gets handled in docket order.  My remand was held at the local office for three years, no excuse for that, but once it got back to the board it was completed in six months.

I just completed a remand which was a JMR remand.  This means Va admitted to a mistake, rather than the judge ordering a remand.  Its kind of a negotiation or settlement, where the claimant and VA agree to the remand terms.  

I got my OLD docket number so I got back to the BVA in approximately 6 months, instead of much much longer with a regular appeal.  

Going on memory alone, I think my cavc remand was in April, and my board decision was completed in August.  

However, I can not promise your remand will be complete in 6 months, as each case is different.  

Yes I hear you apparently it's now administration case processing but I feel like I'm screwed since my attorney withdrew from my appeal he felt it's not worth the hassle for him. So now I'm unsure of where the send their questions if they have it 

With "For Fee" Lawyers, it's always about the $KKKKK$.  VA Appeals only source of large $$$$$ is the possible Retro Award. 20% of $10K isn't enough Blood in the Water to get or keep the SHARKS interested.

Contact the Vet Consortium Pro Bono Legal service in DC. They don't take a $% of your Retro. If you end up with a BVA Denial and they take you to the CAVC and prevail with either an Award or a Remand, they'll be awarded Legal Fee paid by the VA, not you.

They helped a friend get a BVA Denial (2015) then a CAVC Remand (considered a Win at the CAVC for Legal Fee Awards) at the CAVC in early 16 after Attigs Firm said they were too busy to rep him at the BVA. He ended up getting about $6K on the ED Remand and a continued Denial on the Hypertension. The VCLS took nothing from the eventual Retro Award but collected about $18K in legal fees immediately from the VA after the CAVC Awarded Fees.                Semper Fi

I agree with Gastone.  Remember this:  Most of the time lawyers pick claimants or decide to drop some for their own reasons.  In 2002, I had the VFW "drop" me because they said my claim wasnt "viable", and I have persisted and am now 100 percent P and T, from when vfw said I had no chance.  You see, I knew more about my medical history than they did, and, you also know more about your own cfile than does your attorney.  

Dont take it personally when an attorney drops you or turns you down.  Most of the time it has more to do with their caseload, just as I found out was the case with vfw.  Remember, VFW at one point thought Vietnam Vets were not "real" vets, because the Vietn nam disagreement was not a declared war.  This, of course, is Veterans fault, not the fault of politicians who decided not to "declare war" in Vietnam, even tho about 67,000 Vets lost their lives and only about one tenth that many lost their lives in the "War . in Iraq".  

• HadIt.com Elder

I remember a VA psychiatrist telling me many years ago that I would never get more than 30% as if he knew anything.  Now I am P&T with SMC  "S".   I had a CUE claim that was worked on by a lawyer for at least 6 years with multiple trips to the BVA and Court of Vet Appeals and even an attempt to get into federal court.  I should have won.  It was not my lawyer's fault.   It was bad intentions by the VA and their finding a loophole to escape having to pay me for 30 years of a low ball rating.