VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Conflict of Interest

Rate this question

Holllie Greene

Question

Hi All,

My dearest husband and I just returned from the county VSO.  It did not go well...the VSO was more interested in flapping his jaws than listening to my questions. 

Anyway, he gave me tons of paperwork to be filled out by a doctor but seemed not to understand my lack of VA neurologist (he retired) and how I did have a civilian doctor for 25 years but I lost her to her pricey concierge practice.

So, I see a new to me VA doctor next week, would it be the thing to do to ask him to fill out the paperwork, is this a conflict of interest?  I am confused.

Any advice, as always, is appreciated.

HG

What kind of paperwork? They wont fill out disability forms and applications for you, that you have to do on your own but they are pretty simple and most of it can be answered in your own words. The doctors notes from examinations provide the evidence to back what his (your husband's) listed disabilities are. Your civilian doctors exam notes are still available to you, just request the information from your former practice with the date range. If you want all of it it may take them awhile depending on the size of the practice since they have to make copies of all of it. 

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA don't like the VA Doc's to fill out any type of disability forms or claim forms  DBQ's included. this is why most VA Dr's won't do it.

but they are still some VA Dr's that will  just have to ask.

Hi Brokensoldier244th and Buck52,

Thank you for your thoughts.  My husband and I are going over the errors this clown made (so far I am a male, did not have a previous name in the military, left off number for my SSN) and who knows what else we will find.

I will have the document numbers when we are done.  I need a new VSO.  He said my paperwork is on hold but who knows what he has truly done.

HG

C&P doctors will fill out DBQs, and private doctors sometimes will. VA doctors wont because they try to stay out of the disability process and focus on treatment, which is their job. They are separate from Comp and Pen. Private doctors will sometimes not fill them out either, for the same reason, because their job is to focus on treatment. If their treatment notes are good you can go through them and highlight the important points and then present them to C&P, which will then use that informtion to fill out the DBQ. This has been my experience over 16 years going from 40% to 100% in the Midwest. I have used a combination of private doctors when I had insurance, and VA doctors. The VA doctors notes I get through Release of Information at the RO, or I log onto MyHealthVet and download them through the Blue Button application. Then I find the important parts and type them up in a condensed form. This I present to the C and P doctor. Seems to have worked well. I only had one appeal and that was for Sleep Apnea, which is a difficult one to get service connected. 

Hey Brokensoldier244th,

Thank you for the info.  I have had 3 C&P exams already---in Palo Alto, CA which is about 3 hours away.  Those situations worked out but I have a bad feeling about this situation, like the universe is telling me "Holllie, every which way you turn you hit a brick wall so just stop"  Seriously.  My long time civilian GP is concierge, my VA neurologist of 15 years retired; basically I am doctorless except for the VA.

Here are the forms:

1)   VA FORM 21-0960C-10

2)   VA FORM 21-0960C-9

3)   VA FORM 21-2680  (please note I am already A&A albeit SMC L-1)

Have a good day!

HG  :)

But some don't have a problem filling out an RFC FOR SSA..but a dx on myhealthnet for those doctors treating you can be used as evidence for an FDC claim which I've done to get a claim started for Service connection. They don't have to fill out a Dbq but with a dx For the C&P doctor to work with it helps the exam go smoother. Now I was then scheduled for 3 C&Ps with my VA doctors dx and now next week I will find out the results after 4 months . This one will be very interesting and will keep you updated from the results for my separation of my claims I've been posting about for months most likely driving everyone crazy...

Edited by jfrei