VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Effective date

Rate this question

Jstew71

Question

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Good question, and I can not tell for sure without reading your cfile.  However, your effective date will be the later of the facts found, or date applied.  (general rule for effective dates which have exceptions).  

Did you have a c and p exam on or about your effective date?  

This is often a trick by VA.  Let me explain.  

Ok, lets say you apply for benefits in 2010 for hypertension.  They dont do a c and p exam until 2016.  Your doc, says, yep, your blood pressure is worse and documents same.  So, VA uses the c and p exam date, bUT, that is a ripoff.  Here is why.  This suggests your high blood pressure got worse in the c and p exam.  Your exam did not make your blood increase, your examiner simply reported it had increased.  The doc probably did not do a thorough job reading your records, as he could have stated something like this:

Based on blood pressure readings over the past 5 years, the Veterans blood pressure increased in severity on (date of a previous doctor visit where your blood pressure was higher) . 

I recommend you consider an attorney to appeal the effective date, or just appeal it on your own.  

I'm not sure what you're asking to be honest.  

Why did the effective date go from 2010 to 2016?  Because you were at 0 in 2010, then were increased to 10% effective 2016.  They didn't take the 2010 date away, they added a 10 percent evaluation on top if it, if that makes sense. 

0% 08/18/2010

10% 04/04/2016

Are you asking why your effective date is different from your date of claim?  Probably because its the date of your intent to file.  Any time you get on ebenefits and *initiate* a new claim, the system does in ITF.  Even if you didn't know or intent to.