VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SSOC I'm an idiot

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

I have my appeal moving with a hardship I'm tired of fighting this 7 year uphill battle it's only for two issues winning would give me 100% back from 2010 and. It 2016 am I petty? I know have all the evidence for my basilar skull fracture   Which somehow my attorney changed it to a neck disabilty and now I know the clivus is the base of your skull very hard to find this fracture unless you are using really good diagnosis Cat scans with contrast which they were able to do. Before they found out I was allergic to NKA IV die. Of course the SSOC said my neck issues aren't related maybe their right but there is no C&P for a fractured clivus over then showing dizziness and lightheadness and much more issues that have been already SC seperatly such as hearing loss I went throw literraly 900 pages of the hospital record ICU notes and have found 23 pages were they dx me with a skull fracture of my clivus which is rare I know. As long as I get this to my Neurologist to look into and possible find what caused some of my issues I can't complain just wanted to vent they said they reviewed my records and found no neck disability because the clivus is technically part of the skull base which was in my orginal claim before my attorney changed it. Am I to late I actually have case management calling me tomorrow so I may update and ask him what I can do.... this was a long sleepless night sorry folks issues never cease to amaze me 

5 answers to this question

What's the Effective Date of your current 100% Rating?

What are the (2) NOD'd issues and what happened to your VA Lawyer?

Semper Fi

11/2016

skull fracture claimed as neck disabilty they have since apparently they don't know the clivus the bottom of your skull is connected to your neck bone like the song and they gave me an examination of my spine and not my skull base he withdrew himself since it got all he thinks he'll make with me 

• HadIt.com Elder

Never let the VA operate on you or you really will have neck problems.   One time the VA used a letter from my dentist to deny a mental health claim and a letter from my shrink to deny a dental (TMJ) claim.   If you assume they have brain 1 you will get your feelings hurt.    Just bury them in medical opinions of your own and facts.

I was asked to make sure the BVA knows what they are looking for to help them out write a letter saying what it is why you believe this clivus is being missdiagnosed as a neck condition and since my hospital records over 900 pages from my TBI, I went through last night at like 2 in the morning and marked ever page that mentioned my basilar skull fx which was about 27 pages in all not counting the actual MRI and or Cat scan they used. He said mail it to the BVA requesting it not go back to the Regional office and to waive the re-evaluate for another SSOC. And let them do the rest....he also mention my claims decision to seperate my PTSD and my TBI failed because if they seperated them I'd only be 70 for each or something like that and I would lose my SMC S so they kept it together so in the TBI dx it also listed it causes mental disorders to blanket all mental cognitive disorders .been out 7 years now and I'm still getting blankets parties

Edited by jfrei

On 9/15/2017 at 6:45 AM, Gastone said:

What's the Effective Date of your current 100% Rating?

What are the (2) NOD'd issues and what happened to your VA Lawyer?

Semper Fi

IMG_6808.thumb.JPG.0d30de76930f2220c94a11f8fcdd0b38.JPG

Still unclear about this it says 100% P and T backdated when I was awarded IU... I'm just a little confused how they do their decisions they first denied my P and T filed an appeal 4 weeks later they changed their mind. Had I not appealed they would have screwed me... Va is so inconsistent