VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Problems with VA MH Therapist L.C.S.W.

Rate this topic

Buck, Johns is right on the money with the above statement.  Be aware of that.  Get what you can from the provider and if he or she is not unbiasedly giving you the proper care and treatment then it is time to make some changes.  

I can't stand when providers dismiss or try to minimize your issues and concerns.  I am a bit of an A hole and I voice my opinion and find another unbiased professional.  I know the VA has some but sadly they aren't in abundance.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger That John 999 & Mr. A

Is it true if they (LCSW's) reports improvement in the Vets PTSD   they will file a report to R.O. and R.O.sends me a Proposal to Reduce my S.C. 70% PTSD? & the LCSW will get a feather in his hat and maybe a BONUS?

If this is true then I feel thats all the LCSW is After. and I'll be uncomfortable going to him.

I Might see if I can get  Female Therapist,? not sure this will help me??? he is the only male therapist and the rest are female.

At my VMC Veterans seem to be ok with the female Therapist LCSW.s

I don't do good in group meetings...just one on  one.

This guy just don't seem to understand and all he wants is for me to say his therapy sessions are working I have have shown Improvement..which I still feel the same as the first day I started treatment with this LCSW - S-3 Over two years ago going once a week at 90 minutes per session. (never missing a session.)

I am going to see what he put in the Progress Notes Off myHealthvet tomorrow   they should be posted by then ...since I just seen him Thursday!

Thanks guys

• HadIt.com Elder

VA Releases # suicide rate by state.

https://www.va.gov/opa/pressrel/pressrelease.cfm?id=2951

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

One thing I have noticed is the VA MH docs always say so and so counselor is really good and they try to encourage you to stay with them. A while back, I had some real issues with an LCSW to the point that I just stopped going. After the last appointment, they indicated my symptoms included "avoidance". Gee, I wonder why...  I ended up talking to the patient advocate and they got me someone who clicked better.

There is a difference between being found to have improved vs. showing sustained improvement. Don't let a single incorrect write up get you down. If you get to a point that you cannot trust your counselor, it is your right to get another. Patients Bill of Rights says you have the right to choose your provider.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Vync

I read the  MyhealthVet notes today and he never mentionI showed improvement  that was what I was going to complain about  but he never said that.

he said something about that I need to forgive myself and open up  I ask him what do I forgive my self for?

Anyway way I'll see what happens this week when I go back...I try to do the things he says but there not working for me  so I basically never get out in public..my anxiety  come son fast ...and  so I avoid the wonders.

he says I should face them head on.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
12 hours ago, Buck52 said:

Thanks Vync

I read the  MyhealthVet notes today and he never mentionI showed improvement  that was what I was going to complain about  but he never said that.

he said something about that I need to forgive myself and open up  I ask him what do I forgive my self for?

Anyway way I'll see what happens this week when I go back...I try to do the things he says but there not working for me  so I basically never get out in public..my anxiety  come son fast ...and  so I avoid the wonders.

he says I should face them head on.

Wow Buck,
I think you asked the right question. Also, keep in mind that there are a variety of therapy approaches. I noticed some counselors tend to try to stick to a single therapy for an extended period, even if it is not helping you, because it may have a good success ratio in case studies. What really matters is are you seeing improvement? If you tried one approach for a while without success, don't feel afraid to ask to try something different.