VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Doctor checked "Total social and occupational" for C&P exam. Odds of me getting 100%?

Rate this question

hemipepsis5p

Question

Hello all!

So I was browsing around E-Benefits a few days ago and came across my digital C&P exam on my BlueButton list. The Doctor checked the "Total social and occupational impairment" box. What are the odds of that translating to me getting a 100% rating? Thanks for any and all help.

- Phil

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Ok, so you want a number.   I give you a 25% chance on your first VARO decision, 60 percent if you appeal to the BVA, and 80% if you persist to the CAVC.  Here is my bases.  About 85% of first time claimants are denied.  This includes both those with and without a nexus.  The BVA is better, much better.  If you have 

the complete caluza triangle, your chances at the BVA are 80 percent or better, but we only know from your post you have one of the three caluza triangle:  (current diagnosis, in service event, nexus).  If you have all 3, you should eventually win.   Persistence is key, because the longer you persist the more likely an award.  

• HadIt.com Elder

If your c&p states "total social and employment impairment" and you have the nexus then I think your chances of getting 100% or TDIU are very good.  Total social and employment impairment is the definition of 100% disability.  Bronco is probably referring to all the VA tricks and evasions they may deploy to deny or delay your getting 100%.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Good luck on your claim

The nexus John999 describes may also be part of the C&P exam. It might be worth it to take a second look at the rest of the exam. The wording may include "less likely than not", "as likely as not", "more likely than not", or "was caused by/is due to". Just bear in mind that even if the C&P doc did everything correct, the people who process the claims at the VARO can still screw stuff up. I had one fail to read a measurement, but I sent in a notice of disagreement and they fixed it.