Jump to content

Sponsored Ads

  • Advertisemnt

  • 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims


    When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading
  • Advertisemnt

  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   


  • Advertisemnt

  • Advertisemnt

  • Ads

  • Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

    employment 2.jpeg

    You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

  • Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

  • 0

Unemployment Questioner 21-4140-1 Mail it to??



Where do we send the 21-4140-1 Unemployment Questioner?

1. Your local R.O.???


2. Dept of Veterans Affairs

(Claims Intake Center)

Janesville Wi.??

Or both to be sure? and with return receipt.

Could send it via e benefits  but it also could be lost.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Iam getting forgetful in my older age...I had a dispute with a fellow Vet today at my Vet Center...I said send it to The Janesville Claims Intake Center...he says send it to your R.O.

I guess were both correct  but since the enactment of the Claims Intake Center...Everything goes through them and they  send or place the records /correspondence where they need to be.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • 0

Either or is good. The main thing is to have Proof of Delivery within the 60 Day Window following your IU Aniversary Date.  A late or failure to file could result in an IU Reduction Review, not good.                     Semper Fi

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Thanks Gastone

AS for as sending in the 21-4140-1  I am guilty of sending it in at the last minute, my award anniversary date is Feb ...I Don't always send it in within the 60 days  b/c I do forget  but I send that sucker in some times during the year, last year I sent one in around Sept  and two weeks later they sent me a letter requesting the 21-4140-1  and mention in the letter that failure to send in the 21-4140-1 with in 30 days of this notice will result in reduction in benefit's...now if thats not a threat I don't know what one is.

Anyway I sent in two last year with return receipts.

I send in by paper form  b/c I simply don't trust  via e benefits.

If I recall seems they sent me a letter letting me know I don't need to send in this form anymore...however my grandughter was cleining up my office bedroom and throwed that ''important letter away...I looked for it in my C-FILE AND ITS NOT THERE??

 so I'm screwed to  the wall  now if I don't send in the 21-4140..but I may request the IU BE MOOT now that I have another separate 70% PTSD Rating..I just need to know what # form that is to make the request. R.O. is instructed to do this at the time a seperate award is given to IU Vets. but they fail to do this a lot of times.

even though ON EOB on e benefits it says I have a final degree of 100%rating   it says nothing about the IU BEING MOOT.

If anyone knows this form # please share it it on here   Much appreciated.

Edited by Buck52

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Ads

  • Ad

  • Latest News
  • Our picks

    • OK so I had pancreatectomy in 2003 due to an impacted goldstone 2/3 of my  Pancreas was removed I am type one diabetes with very large scars continued diarrhea stomach problems Constant back and shoulder pain I recently received a Nexus letter from my  endocrinologist related to my service in the gulf war.  Any suggestions or advice from anyone
    • I would like to meet other Hadit members who live in Michigan.  We have at least two major VA Hospitals (Battle Creek, Ann Arbor).  Or maybe you go to the the John Dingell in Detroit.  

      I like Ann Arbor.  I like the fact that most of the doctors there are also at the UM Hospital.  I don't like how uickly they seem to turn over though.  
      • 2 replies
    • Really?
      I am confused.  A few days ago I spoke to a person at a VARO who said if I die from something other than service-connected my husband gets zero, zilch, squat.  Hmmmmmm, it seems the rules change willy-nilly...I have been rated 100% P & T for over 10 years, MS is static, and I am 56 years of age.

      Can a fellow Veteran shed a light on this?

      Thank you.
      • 15 replies
    • Fund raising for HadIt.com
      The site is supported through ads and ad free subscriptions, we are also asking for any support you would like to send our way. You can give a $1 or more it all helps. Keep in mind though that it is NOT tax deductible and we are NOT a non profit. As the site grows so do the costs and ads and subscription do not always keep pace with the costs. Any help is appreciated, but not required.
      • 8 replies
    • Carol Ozanecki- Blue Water vet Advocate called me with this news:


      Also there is a article in Pop Culture she sent to me----mentionig Blue Water vets buy I felt it was too political to post here. You can google it if you want to read it.


      • 9 replies

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines