VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

request the 100%schedule Rating From combined IU Rating?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Calling All Hands on Deck,

Anyone know what the VA Form # is to request the 100% scheduler rating be given & the IU to be moot?

As I understand  when a veteran is rated for combined IU/with P&T and no future exams schedule and his S.C. Disability is of nature not expected to improve in his life time.

The Criteria is,a when veteran has a combined scheduler IU Rating & the veteran has another separate rating of 70% or higher   he can request the 100% scheduler rating....the R.O, is supposed to do this at the time of the separate rating but the fail to do this and the Veteran don't know he can request the IU to be MOOT and given a 100% schedule rating.

This would change things for the veteran  if he was/is able to do some kind of work he could add to his family's income.  & Not be worried about for getting to send in the aggravating 21-4140-1  Every freaking Year.

Anyone know the FORM#?  or more information on this?

asknod, broncovet, Ms berta, j basser, Gastone, Vync, Ms Tbird???  & other knowledgeable members.   please feel free to chime in here.

Thanks

Buck

Edited by Buck52

• Answers 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Change Date

September 27, 2018

IV.ii.2.F.5.a.  Monitoring Changes in Employability Status

Changes in the employability of Veterans for whom IU is established are monitored through a yearly SSA wage data match. 
  • A Veteran who is identified as having verified earned income over the poverty line and is also in receipt of IU will be sent a due process letter and VA Form 21-4140, Employment Questionnaire, via the Hines Information Technology Center (ITC).
  • The Veteran will be required to identify and explain his/her earned income via return of VA Form 21-4140.
References:  For more information on

IV.ii.2.F.5.b.  Discontinuance of Monitoring for Changes in Employability Status

Monitoring changes in employability status is not required when the Veteran
  • has not been identified in the SSA data match as having verified earned income above the poverty line
  • has an IU rating that has been in effect for 20 or more continuous years, or
  • has had an IU rating replaced with a 100-percent schedular evaluation. 
Notes:  
  • Monitoring for changes in employability status is not necessary if a discontinuation of IU would not alter the claimant’s benefit entitlement.  In this situation, development for VA Form 21-4140 may be discontinued.
  • A review of the rating codesheet, particularly the SMC paragraph text entries, will reflect whether payment of SMC is contingent on a grant of entitlement to IU.  When payment of SMC is contingent on a grant of entitlement to IU, continued monitoring of employability status is required even in spite of the presence of a 100-percent schedular evaluation.
Reference:  For more information on protection of evaluations, see 38 CFR 3.951(b).

• HadIt.com Elder

Thats right allansc2005

I never seen the 21-4140-1 mention...bunch of mumbo jumbo...50% or higher  or have 100% rating   they don't make a lick of sense, I think I will send my in next month  I've Always sent them in sometimes in Jan   B/C Feb is my award for IU anniversary

I have 3 more years to go...but I'll have my 50%  20 years in In Feb Next year 2019.. 3 more years on the IU. 2021

@Buck, I too have been sending in the 21-4140s, and have NEVER gotten a response letter from the VA.

So it's either stupid, not required, or the VA doesn't know the law themselves.., all 3 maybe?

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH!

• HadIt.com Elder

Well after brokensolider244th put the pdf  on that VA News Letter from 2014..

.I made a couple copies of that and  read your post under mine  and  your right it don't say one thing about the 21-4140..so I;m sending my in next month.

I may attach a Note to it and ask them if I am or IU veterans w/P&T are we suppose to be sending this 21-4140-1 In? I heard we don't need to   see if they respond back or not?

Until they send me a letter stating we don't need to send this form in anymore..I'm still sending mine in.

Edited by Buck52