VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

request the 100%schedule Rating From combined IU Rating?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Calling All Hands on Deck,

Anyone know what the VA Form # is to request the 100% scheduler rating be given & the IU to be moot?

As I understand  when a veteran is rated for combined IU/with P&T and no future exams schedule and his S.C. Disability is of nature not expected to improve in his life time.

The Criteria is,a when veteran has a combined scheduler IU Rating & the veteran has another separate rating of 70% or higher   he can request the 100% scheduler rating....the R.O, is supposed to do this at the time of the separate rating but the fail to do this and the Veteran don't know he can request the IU to be MOOT and given a 100% schedule rating.

This would change things for the veteran  if he was/is able to do some kind of work he could add to his family's income.  & Not be worried about for getting to send in the aggravating 21-4140-1  Every freaking Year.

Anyone know the FORM#?  or more information on this?

asknod, broncovet, Ms berta, j basser, Gastone, Vync, Ms Tbird???  & other knowledgeable members.   please feel free to chime in here.

Thanks

Buck

Edited by Buck52

• Answers 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Buck, check your decision letter where you were awarded SMC.  If it says your SMC is based on IU being 100% scheduler does not negate IU and you are still required to fill out the forms.

• HadIt.com Elder

I will Vetquest

..I believe it don't say anything about IU? just that I met the Criteria for the SMC  H.B. and they awarded it..but I'll try to go find my award letter  or look on e benfits  EOB

Current regulation says if you don't make over the threshold you are not required to fill out out, and if you do make more money than the sea threshold it will trigger the IRS matching and they will require you to fill one out.

@Buck52, don't you have somebody at the VA that you talk to, Donna or something? You might call her tomorrow and ask her about the IU question, as well as the Employment form.

I will call the VA tomorrow with the same questions, get a name and reference of who I talk to, and post the info tomorrow.

@brokensoldier244th, I talked to the American Legion today about what you've been posting concerning Employment forms to fill out, they are under the impression you still have to fill out the form.

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH!

Im not trying to discount anyone, but the part I posted makes it pretty clear, I think. I don't understand where the questioning comes in, I guess. That is from the most updated part of M21 and doesn't really have a lot of legalese in it (at least for that part). Several of the pages I have looked at for law firms, 'benefits information pages' etc are either older blog posts (check the dates, always), or have not updated their web pages in quite some time. If it makes you feel better to send it in, then go ahead and do so, but from what the M21 says, you don't have to. Since its the manual that they are supposed to use, I suppose if you were dinged for working because of it you can always cite that in your appeal.