VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

request the 100%schedule Rating From combined IU Rating?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Calling All Hands on Deck,

Anyone know what the VA Form # is to request the 100% scheduler rating be given & the IU to be moot?

As I understand  when a veteran is rated for combined IU/with P&T and no future exams schedule and his S.C. Disability is of nature not expected to improve in his life time.

The Criteria is,a when veteran has a combined scheduler IU Rating & the veteran has another separate rating of 70% or higher   he can request the 100% scheduler rating....the R.O, is supposed to do this at the time of the separate rating but the fail to do this and the Veteran don't know he can request the IU to be MOOT and given a 100% schedule rating.

This would change things for the veteran  if he was/is able to do some kind of work he could add to his family's income.  & Not be worried about for getting to send in the aggravating 21-4140-1  Every freaking Year.

Anyone know the FORM#?  or more information on this?

asknod, broncovet, Ms berta, j basser, Gastone, Vync, Ms Tbird???  & other knowledgeable members.   please feel free to chime in here.

Thanks

Buck

Edited by Buck52

• Answers 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Well I been searching through out my ''C-D C-file'' today on my lap-top that I recieved in 2015  ''I ironically  After''  I was Granted my PTSD Claim.

Anyway Vetquest is correct   about signing the 21-4140-1 Employment Questioner , because It does state that I have a 90% combined rating and using the CFR 38 4.16 (a) and (b)  and I do have the 70% PTSD Award  my over all rating is based off the IU Award  as my ratings follow with increase.

50%sc award  4-22-1998

60% SC award 12-10-2002

90% S.C.  3-17-2003

70% separate & distinct award (PTSD)  10-02-2015

100% S.C. 10-02-2015

Now f I had the 100% and not the 90% combined back in 3-17-2003  Then it would not been based on the IU,

So yes Vetquest is correct,...when your rating is lower than the 100% scheduler   they base your Rating after that on IU,,,,You will still get the SMC S House Bound if you meet the criteria  I met the SMC S H.B. Criteria    but they base that on my Original IU Award back in 3-17-2003

Boy it took me a few hours reading my CD C-FILE but I found it  and found some mistakes in it that I should have Appeal or CUE  WRONG DATES DIFFERENT DIAGNOSES  ect,,,ect, a Good experience VA Attorney or VA Certified Claims Rep  would have  field day with all the mistakes and miss-cues in my C-File.

, If I happen to win the damn Lottery  I will put in for a Complete Review of My all my claims since 1998  there are a lot of Mis-cues and mistakes in it..but due to my finical status  I better leave well enough alone...but if I had the $$ not to worry about how things will get paid around here on a monthly bases  I better not .

I had a lot of college records 4 years of them from back to 1974 when I started college for a B.S. Degree in Criminal Justice I had plum forgot about.....I did get my degree but was unable to pass the physical requirement for that line of work State Trooper and later Investigator Detective 

Going through my CD C-FILE a lot of my college records were in it how they paid me & issues with my semester hours full time  to 1/2 time  taking 12 semester hours per semester  for 4 years...I did get a on the deans honor roll with a 3,5 GPA with help from my spouse  she type up all my resumes and the instructors like it.  but of course I didn't tell them who helped me 😉

SO Reading through all this  I must still fill out and sign the 21-4140-1 on my Anniversary date of each year until I reach my 20 year protection.

I will say to my fellow Veteran that may be getting SMC S H.B.  and even some more SMC Like K or L  ect,,,ect,,,...IF they base your combined ratings on IU and not 100% scheduler  you better also fill out the 21-4140-1 Employment Questioner

Especially if your in Doubt?  Fill that booger out and just move on about your business  its better to be safe that sorry  and right now at this time of my life If I got  Reduction in my Benefits  It would ruin this family.

Thank you Vetquest  I appreciate your information buddy.

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Brokensoldier244th

I believe your miss reading what the M 21 Quotes in their Mumbo Jumbo and the M-21 IS THIS THE NEW REVISED  EDITION OF THE M 21 R?

As I understand it  if a veteran is less than 100% scheduler and is getting IU because he did not make the 100% scheduler rating but was awarded IU based on his combined ratings or current rating under 100%...the IU is what they base this off of  so if a Veteran is IU based on a below the 100% scheduler  he must fill out the 21-4140 form   but if he was 100% scheduler and had another separate rating 60% or more  then yes he is safe he don't need to fill it out.the 60% or higher Rating will net the criteria for SMC S H.B.

The part I have a Hard time with  if the Veteran has a 100% schedule rating then he don't need IU  he is already at 100%.:smile:

Anyway if any Veteran is in doubt about sending in this  21-4140 and is on IU he better send it in.

Edited by Buck52

@Buck52, I read on a lawyer's website yesterday that at one time the VA did "suspend" the requirement for the 21-4140-1, but after some rift with the SSA, they reinstated the requirement for sending it in for ALL IU recipients.

@brokensoldier244th, do you have the date(s) of the manual you saw showing that the 21-4140-1 is no longer required?

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH!

@brokensoldier244th, as I am reading that manual again,  it appears, at least to me, it's telling VA personnel that "monitoring employment is no longer required.."(paraphrasing), and doesn't specifically tell the IU veteran the 21-4140 is no longer required.

As we all know, the VA loves to catch us off guard; when I was awarded IU, not a word, not a document talking about employment verification.., nothing.

The times I sent in the 21-4140, I never got a response from the VA, no hint if they got the form or not.

Today, as I mentioned to Buck, I'm calling the VA and asking them specifically the "law" concerning employment reporting for IU vets, and will take names, manual info.., the whole ball of wax, and will post it here.

Yes, there is a "common sense" factor here as it applies to your information/manual content about IU, but then again, since when does the VA use common sense?

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH!