VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

request the 100%schedule Rating From combined IU Rating?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Calling All Hands on Deck,

Anyone know what the VA Form # is to request the 100% scheduler rating be given & the IU to be moot?

As I understand  when a veteran is rated for combined IU/with P&T and no future exams schedule and his S.C. Disability is of nature not expected to improve in his life time.

The Criteria is,a when veteran has a combined scheduler IU Rating & the veteran has another separate rating of 70% or higher   he can request the 100% scheduler rating....the R.O, is supposed to do this at the time of the separate rating but the fail to do this and the Veteran don't know he can request the IU to be MOOT and given a 100% schedule rating.

This would change things for the veteran  if he was/is able to do some kind of work he could add to his family's income.  & Not be worried about for getting to send in the aggravating 21-4140-1  Every freaking Year.

Anyone know the FORM#?  or more information on this?

asknod, broncovet, Ms berta, j basser, Gastone, Vync, Ms Tbird???  & other knowledgeable members.   please feel free to chime in here.

Thanks

Buck

Edited by Buck52

• Answers 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
8 hours ago, brokensoldier244th said:

If you are rated 100% you don't need IU anymore. The rate is the same. 

Yes I/we understand that./the pay rate is the same but not the rating. 

If your COMBINED  Rating of 100% was the reason you got IU then a Veteran is not schedule 100%   but being paid at the 100% due to the IU Rating, Although they say your 100% (notice they didn't say your schedule 100% ) that's the kicker here.

I have a Final 100% degree rating  it says that on e benefits in the round ball   that gets slightly bigger when you hoover your mouse over it. ''it actually reads  you have a final 100% degree rating'' (not scheduler 100% degree)

So I am not consider for the 100%scheduler/  ....>even  with SMC S & K

I have enough combined ratings to reach the 100% but due the majority of my ratings they are due to the IU Rating

I Know all this don't make a lick of sense but when has the VA Ever made a lick of sense?

Sometimes I think the VA is just itching for a Veteran to screw up(not sending in the 21-4140-1  Will result in a benefit reduction proposal)....and who needs that?

I had a Benefits Reduction Proposal before and it was in Appeals a long time before I got it straighten out and extra $$ taken away from this family for some IMO's  & IME's Because of some Idiot phyco  VA Dr...... its not fun I Promise ya.

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

I am thinking a Veteran that  has enough ratings to get to the 100% level  if he reach that lever due to pat of his combined ratings and has a 100% final degree rating, Unless he gets a letter from the VA them self his IU is moot now due to him reaching the 100%   then your not required to send in the 21- 4140-1 each year  you are now considered to have a 100% schedule rating.

If a Veteran has that letter and gets a proposal to reduce his benefits  that would be easy to defend  just pull that letter out  they have no choice then but to cancel out the propose reduction.

@Buck52, I'm speaking more about IU P&T veterans, not 100% scheduler.

IU vets don't get any indication in their award letters about a requirement to file a 21-4140 each year of their anniversary, nothing even close to it.

That's my point, thus why I'm calling the VA today.

Yes, there is a manual that talks about employment reporting with IU, but where is a specific regulation, law.., that states IU vets MUST file a 21-4140 each year?

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH!

• HadIt.com Elder

I am a TDIU P&T Vet  and I did get the caution letter about not sending in the 21-4140 Employment Questioner Each Year.

It came in my Award packet in 2002

but I am also 100% ..it says that on e benefits...I was 90% combined rating and got the TDIU /w P&T...Then years later I filed  a PTSD Claim and was granted 70%...ok that combined with my TDIU 90% ratings  that made me 100% but its not a 100% schedule rating..I get that 100%  & due in part of my TDIU P&T Award.

I guess they have 2 different versions of the 100%  one is schedule 100%  the other is a combined rating 100%

• HadIt.com Elder

allansc2005

I understand what your meaning  but it just don't work like that

If you call the VA Today  lets us know what they said.

Thanks

Buck, my award packet form 2015, and many other veterans I'm helping who got IU after 2015, did not get a "caution letter"  telling them to file a 21-4140-1 each year.

As I mentioned before, if you go to VA's website, and type in "21-4140-1"(you left out the -1), it tells you "No results", see what I'm saying here?

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH!